Share this job:
Allianz is hiring an
Actuarial Data Analyst (Reinsurance)
Job Purpose/ Role
We are looking for an Analyst with strong focus on data and processes to join our Corporate Actuarial team at Allianz Re, the Allianz Group’s global “in-house” reinsurance company based in Munich, Germany.
Reporting to the Head of P&C Reserving (Munich), you would be part of a small, friendly and professional team, fully integrated with all aspects of the quarterly and annual reporting processes for IFRS17 and Solvency II.
You will become the expert for running, developing, and improving the data landscape of our core actuarial processes and for supporting our interfaces to business, data management and IT at Allianz SE Re. You will bring together the reserving tool ResQ, the workflow manager Unify, statistical software such as SAS, and databases based on SQL and Oracle into one coherent picture which will boost our actuarial closing processes.
- Support the P&C reserving exercises on IFRS 17 and Solvency II basis for a global reinsurance company
- Focus on all aspects of data handling, including data preparation and execution but also process improvements and tool developments.
- Collaborate with actuaries and IT colleagues in the organization to continuously improve the actuarial data processes.
- Explore and develop new ways and tools that support the actuarial analyses and closing processes.
- University degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field with focus on databases and process flows
- Programming (R/SAS) and database handling (SQL/Oracle) experience is key
- Understanding of Finance and/or Actuarial science is an advantage
- Strong MS Excel skills including advanced functionalities (VBA, PowerQuery) are an advantage
- Strong command of written and spoken English is required; German is an advantage
- Strong analytical and communication skills
Experience & Key skills
- Self-directed, organised and willing to work under time pressure when necessary
- Team player with the ability to work independently with attention to detail
- Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment, treating colleagues and all other stakeholders with respect
- High integrity and trustworthiness (handling confidential information), regarding both character/personal behavior and business conduct
- Compliance with the company's code of conduct and relevant standards
35454 | Finance & Accounting | Entry Level | Allianz Reinsurance | Full-Time | Permanent
Allianz Group is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Caring for our employees, their ambitions, dreams and challenges, is what makes us a unique employer. Together we can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the confidence to explore, to grow and to shape a better future for our customers and the world around us.
We at Allianz believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to bring your whole self to work, no matter where you are from, what you look like, who you love or what you believe in.
We therefore welcome applications regardless of ethnicity or cultural background, age, gender, nationality, religion, disability or sexual orientation.
Join us. Let's care for tomorrow.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.