Share this job:
Allianz is hiring an
Job Purpose/ Role
We are looking for a P&C Actuarial Analyst to join our Corporate Actuarial team at Allianz Re, the Allianz Group’s global “in-house” reinsurance company based in Munich, Germany.
Reporting to the Head of P&C Reserving (Munich), you would be part of a small, friendly and professional team, fully integrated with all aspects of the quarterly and annual reporting processes for IFRS17 and Solvency II.
We use modern reserving and analysis tools such as ResQ and Unify, plus statistical software such as SAS, and provide study support for those who wish to progress in the actuarial professional examinations.
- Perform P&C reserving on IFRS 17 bases for a global reinsurance company
- Focus on delivering quarterly IFRS 17 figures via company-built tools
- Support the Solvency II closing
- Collaborate with actuaries in our various locations
- Communicate with internal stakeholders
- Provide business functions with actuarial insights / build relationships with UW and client management
- University degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related quantitative field and commitment to completing an actuarial professional qualification
- Programming (R/SAS) and database (SQL/Oracle) experience with a focus on data quality
- Strong MS Excel skills required, advanced functionalities (VBA, PowerQuery) are an advantage
- Strong command of written and spoken English is required; German is an advantage
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, proven ability to deal positively with (senior) stakeholders
Experience & Key skills
- Self-directed, organised and willing to work under time pressure when necessary
- Team player with the ability to work independently with attention to detail
- Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment, treating colleagues and all other stakeholders with respect
- High integrity and trustworthiness (handling confidential information), regarding both character/personal behavior and business conduct
- Compliance with the company's code of conduct and relevant standards
About Allianz Group
Allianz Group is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Caring for our employees, their ambitions, dreams and challenges, is what makes us a unique employer. Together we can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the confidence to explore, to grow and to shape a better future for our customers and the world around us.
We at Allianz believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to bring your whole self to work, no matter where you are from, what you look like, who you love or what you believe in.
We therefore welcome applications regardless of ethnicity or cultural background, age, gender, nationality, religion, disability or sexual orientation.
Join us. Let's care for tomorrow.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.