Share this job:
WTW is hiring an
Actuarial Pensions Consultant
Role: You will be joining WTW as an actuarial pensions consultant with experience working on core UK defined benefit pensions actuarial work.
Location: As part of our national resourcing approach, you will be able to select any of the following GB locations as your office base: London, Reigate, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Bristol, and Edinburgh. While you will be part of the local team, you will also benefit from the opportunity to work on client teams and with colleagues from other offices.
Work Style: Our “Work Styles” structure allows you to choose the option which best suits you. The structure is grounded in the trust which we place in all colleagues and has flexibility as its core. Most colleagues have selected the hybrid option, which offers a flexible mix of working from home and in the office, choosing your location to match your plans for each day, for example attending the office for client meetings and personal development. You can also benefit from flexible working opportunities, such as part-time working, and will have control over your work-life balance.
Why you should work for WTW
- As an experienced pensions consultant, you will have the opportunity to contribute to achieving the exciting growth strategy of the strongly performing GB Retirement practice.
- WTW has more than 150 years of experience in UK actuarial consulting. Our unrivaled client base, of over 400 corporate and over 300 trustee clients of varying size and complexity, provides boundless opportunities for creativity and innovation and the opportunity to work on both trustee and corporate assignments.
- WTW is truly a market leader. To give just two examples, we advised on the first longevity swap for a UK pension scheme and pioneered the new Collective DC benefit structure: we are scheme actuary to the UK’s first CDC scheme.
- You will be working within a supportive team of diverse colleagues, including some of the leading figures in the pensions industry.
- We look to our consultants to increase efficiency and improve processes, working in partnership with our clients to understand and meet the client’s needs and to provide customized solutions.
- Actuarial consultants at WTW benefit from all the resources and opportunities that a large company can provide, but this doesn’t come at the cost of individuality.
- We encourage and support our colleagues to tailor their roles to match their passions, strengths, and aspirations. We provide extensive development opportunities, underpinned by our award-winning Pathfinder initiative which ensures provision of a wide range of consulting opportunities, as well as the high-quality training you would expect from a market-leading employer. All client and internal roles are advertised on a weekly online noticeboard, giving colleagues the opportunity to pursue the career which works for them, for example becoming a specialist in a particular technical area, undertaking client secondments or becoming a people manager.
- Irrespective of which office you join, you will be part of the wider WTW community. Our inclusion networks include Gender Equity, LGBT+, Multicultural, Workability, and Young Professionals and our Corporate Social Responsibility group champions social and charitable activities in our local communities. These groups are at the heart of how we engage and inspire colleagues in our offices. Inclusion creates the environment where diversity can thrive.
Summary of Requirements
- Experience working as an actuary on core UK defined benefit actuarial work.
- IFoA qualified Actuary or working towards an actuarial qualification.
- Strong client-service orientation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience of project management of large teams and projects.
- Proven delegation skills and a desire to coach and mentor junior colleagues.
- Sense of accountability: owning your work and taking pride in it.
- Self-starter: interest in continually challenging yourself and willingness to step outside of your comfort zone.
- Ability to think beyond the task at hand and understand how work fits into the broader landscape.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At WTW, we believe difference makes us stronger. We want our workforce to reflect the different and varied markets we operate in and to build a culture of inclusivity that makes colleagues feel welcome, valued and empowered to bring their whole selves to work every day. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive work environment throughout our organization. We embrace all types of diversity.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.