Share this job:
KPMG is hiring a
PROGRESS. PASSION. POSSIBILITIES
At KPMG our goal is to be the Clear Choice for our Clients, our People and our Community.
KPMG professionals are individuals who take deep, personal accountability for their work; have a passion for excellence; remain driven to achieve their full potential; and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional has a strong work ethic, thrives on challenges, and is dedicated to providing outstanding client services.
KPMG in Bermuda serves an international client base. We are looking for a Life Insurance Senior Manager to support us in maintaining our reputation as a leader in Advisory and Audit services both in Bermuda and globally.
KPMG in Bermuda is looking for a Senior Manager with significant experience in actuarial consulting or industry for the Life (re)insurance industry, including, but not limited to, experience in managing a diverse portfolio of engagements, and working with multi-disciplinary teams. This is a challenging position where you will scope and define appropriate analytical tests to achieve client objectives. You will be responsible for interpreting client generated analytical results and preparing client reports.
Responsibilities also include, but are not limited to:
- Providing high quality actuarial advisory services to clients;
- Leading a portfolio of clients and advising on all relevant actuarial issues;
- Providing formal actuarial opinions across a wide range of technical issues;
- Assisting with independent actuarial assessments including reserve reviews, portfolio transfers, expert opinions, pricing support, profitability reviews and company valuations for merger & acquisition;
- Working with KPMG’s multi-disciplinary professionals on assisting our clients across audit, tax, management consulting, internal audit, corporate finance, regulatory, risk and management/ IT consulting;
- Developing KPMG’s initiatives across the Bermuda regulatory framework, Solvency II, IFRS 17 and other emerging regulatory, accounting and actuarial requirements;
- Providing analytical support and technical guidance;
- Taking an active role in the development of the practice including building and maintaining effective relationships with clients;
- Training and management of newly qualified actuaries;
- Providing outsourced actuarial services;
- Producing thought leadership material;
- Creating value added initiatives; and
- Promoting the KPMG actuarial brand through seminars and external events.
Candidates must have the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
- A minimum of 7 years of actuarial experience within the Life (re)insurance industry, preferably as a consultant within a Big 4;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science or other suitable numerate discipline (mathematics, economics, science, etc.);
- Strong life insurance reserving abilities and willingness to work in other areas of life (re)insurance;
- Excellent technical and analytical skills;
- Must be an accredited Fellow Actuary with a recognized professional actuarial body e.g. IFoA or ASSA;
- A high degree of competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills;
- Exceptional people skills with the ability to work well with staff and clients of all levels;
- Proven stakeholder management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience communicating with senior management/C-suite;
- Proven team management ability;
- Ability to effectively lead and own a program of work, bringing it to successful client delivery on time and within budget;
- Candidates must demonstrate they are capable of working with demanding situations that require the ability to multi-task on a daily basis;
- Flexibility and an enjoyment of working on challenging projects, and interacting with teams from other business groups;
- Excellent commercial awareness;
- Eager to continue to develop technical knowledge and management skill sets given the broad nature of the work;
- A willingness and capacity to work overtime and / or travel at short notice is essential as this is a highly demanding environment with tight reporting deadlines; and
- Must be a mature, self-motivated individual who is well organised, hard- working, enthusiastic and professional.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.