Share this job:
Hannover Re is hiring a
Hannover Re (Ireland) DAC in Dublin is seeking to recruit a Pricing Actuary to lead new business acquisition which delivers client-centric reinsurance solutions and to play a critical role in the development of our Life and Health strategy.
This role is a call to self-driven unstructured problem solvers and is challenging, exciting and highly varied. It requires a candidate with solid industry experience, an understanding of life and health reinsurance across global markets as well as strong technical, communication and influencing skills. The role will operate in an international environment and the successful candidate will be expected to coordinate and work with international colleagues across the Hannover Re Group, in particular with Life and Health teams in Bermuda, Germany, Canada, Asia and Australasia.
The successful candidate will gain exposure to all aspects of the reinsurance business and be an integral part of the global Hannover Re team. Working with a highly adept actuarial team, you will be provided the opportunity to lead transactions, demonstrate and enhance your skill set and to develop your own profile within the worldwide business. This position is to be filled on a permanent, full-time basis.
- The responsibilities of the role will span all aspects of actuarial pricing and new business acquisition, including:
- Evaluate new business opportunities sourced from within the Hannover Re L&H world-wide network
- Set and review pricing assumptions
- Manage internal relationships and key stakeholders while managing successful acquisition and on-boarding
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of regulatory, accounting and economic impacts of prospective transactions
- Design and review bespoke reinsurance solutions to meet the diverse needs of our clients
- Work collaboratively across time zones and geographies with Hannover Re entities globally on new business opportunities and where required, supporting this activity with international travel
- Effectively communicate how complex reinsurance solutions operate, the effect on our risk profile and the financial and economic outcomes to the Senior Management team including the CEO, CFO, Head of Corporate Actuarial and CRO
- Draft and review treaty wordings and transaction summary documentation
- Prepare and deliver presentations to internal colleagues on the latest pricing developments
- Maintain pricing procedures and underwriting guidelines in accordance with Hannover Re requirements and regulatory best practice
Marketing and Strategy
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the L&H strategy
- Identify opportunities to support Business Centres within the Group
- Represent HRI Pricing team at various internal Group workshops
- Work alongside the L&H Business Centre Head in building and maintaining strong relationships with the Company’s direct and internal clients
Regulation and Local Marketplace
- Actively monitor the changing regulatory environment internationally and locally (Solvency II/ IFRS 17) and assess impact on existing business and new business opportunities
- Contribute to discussions within the Hannover Re group on matters affecting new business, product development and economic solvency capital requirements
- Attend international reinsurance industry meetings to monitor developments in relevant markets
- Qualified actuary with 3+ years post qualification experience
- Experience of life reinsurance is favourable, particularly in a pricing or structuring role
- International experience of reinsurance business across different regulatory and accounting regimes, geographies, reinsurance structures, product designs beneficial
- Advanced knowledge of European solvency and regulatory requirements
- Strong analytical and technical capability with curious, creative approach to client solutions
- Time management – proven ability to manage competing priorities under challenging deadlines
- Critical thinker – performs independent assessments in new situations with the confidence to challenge the status quo
- Strategic – proactively identifies and drives business opportunities as they present themselves, influencing the key stakeholders
- Team player and collaborative in nature – works well with others and takes time to share knowledge
- A self-driven unstructured problem solver
- Applies initiative and demonstrates accountability for own role
- Demonstrated capacity to influence decisions and manage relationships with key stakeholders both in HRI (Senior Management team & Board) and across the Group internationally
- Excellent communication skills to present solutions to non-technical and culturally diverse clients in a clear and concise manner
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work
What We Offer
Atmosphere: You will find an international working environment with short decision channels, an open feedback culture and a sense of community shaped by mutual esteem and a readiness to help.
Benefits: Structured onboarding, flexible working hours, benefits superior to those of the collective agreement as well as modern offers for personal development, health management and work-life balance are just some of our benefits.
Prospects: You contribute your specialist and methodological expertise and we offer you fresh input and the opportunity to further develop your potential – including room to come up with innovative ideas and act on them!
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.