Share this job:
Swiss Re is hiring an
Actuarial Analyst (Entry-Level)
About the team
Our team supports Corporate Solutions products across EMEA including Property, Casualty and Financial Products. Our key responsibilities include loss ratio projections, rating plan development, model calibration and stand-alone deal pricing. We work closely with our business partners and encourage innovation that supports traditional methods.
About the role
This is an excellent opportunity for someone in the early stages of their career looking to gain exposure at a market leader in corporate risks to develop their pricing and portfolio management expertise. Developing strong product knowledge and a willingness to partner with underwriting/claims leadership is key in this role.
Responsibilities for this exciting position include:
- Supporting the delivery of quarterly profitability reviews that provide portfolio steering insight and underwriting recommendations to our underwriting leaders.
- Working with partners to continue developing best-in-class rating models and methods by making greater use of our technology, internal data assets and exploring broader datasets.
- Modelling and costing deal transactions with a focus on large Financial Products accounts.
- Assisting with the rate monitoring process, ensuring feedback into our profitability and planning analyses.
- Conducting research analysis into the external market environment including industry trends, market conditions, and rate change.
We are looking for an open-minded, trustworthy and enthusiastic team player. Are you looking to challenge yourself with an exciting opportunity where your attention to detail and analytical skills are the key component of success? Having a curious and analytical mind you are always asking questions and searching for creative solutions combined with your customer focus and can do attitude, you would be an excellent addition to our team.
- Relevant university degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or similar and/or you are pursuing an actuarial qualification (e.g. FIA, SAV, CAS etc).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in commercial actuarial environment.
Nice to have
- Good understanding of Python, R and/or SQL.
- P&C experience.
- Experience with rating techniques.
About Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. We anticipate and manage risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is the commercial insurance arm of the Swiss Re Group. We offer innovative insurance solutions to large and midsized multinational corporations from our approximately 50 locations worldwide. We help clients mitigate their risk exposure, whilst our industry-leading claims service provides them with additional peace of mind.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. Swiss Re Corporate Solutions embraces a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their passion for sustainability.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.