Share this job:
Swiss Re is hiring an
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. We cover both Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
About the Role
As a member of the China Life & Health actuarial pricing team, this role will perform the experience studies, pricing and supporting of one or more lines/clients of Swiss Re BJ office's strategic focus areas, which in general involves the refinement of pricing basis/tools, services to support the various needs of the clients such as product development, data analysis, financial and risk management, etc. From time to time this role also has the opportunities to take on different roles in various project as well.
Mainland China is the key strategic market for Swiss Re Group and is in the fast stage of development, the team is at the core of facilitating business growth, fulfilling market needs and at the same time maintaining technical integrity and operation excellence.
- Develop and refine the reinsurance pricing basis and tools for different business lines in China across different clients;
- Perform data analysis on emerging experience, using advanced analytical tools;
- Support the development of insurance products consistent with the risk appetite of the company and the market needs;
- Support the marketing of Swiss Re’s services by working closely with clients and external partners;
- Perform tasks on ad hoc basis as assigned by the line manager to support various business initiatives;
- Provide pricing team inputs to the reinsurance treaties.
About the Team
The job holder will be part of the pricing team and also part of the cross functional team that includes client market, pricing, underwriting, claims and other functions.
- Bachelor degree or above
- Qualified / near qualified actuaries with an accredited actuarial society preferred;
- 1-5 years industry experience
- Previous pricing experience in China L&H insurance industry preferred;
- Python/R skill is a strong advantage, previous data analytics experience preferred;
- Can demonstrate both strong technical knowledge and communication skills;
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese required; fluency in English a plus.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.