Share this job:
Allianz is hiring a
Senior Actuarial Expert P&C (Assumptions and Analytics)
Job Purpose/ Role
We are looking for a P&C Senior Actuarial Expert to join our Corporate Actuarial team at Allianz Re, the Allianz Group’s global “in-house” reinsurance company. You would be located in Munich or Dublin.
Reporting to the Head of Assumptions and Analytics, you would be part of a small, friendly and professional team, which is responsible for the modelling of underwriting risk, Solvency II Technical Provisions and the evaluation of reinsurance transactions. In addition, the team is looking after actuarial function topics of Allianz SE and actuarial analysis of business performance and discussing respective results with the business.
- Lead a module of underwriting risk modelling for Allianz Re
- Provide business functions and management with actuarial insights through valuation, modelling and analysis of segment performance and complex transactions
- P&C reserving on IFRS and Solvency II bases for a global reinsurance company
- Driving the function’s contribution to Actuarial Function topics incl. reporting requirements
- Managing the interaction with various internal and external stakeholders
- Mentoring of other team-members on all technical and non-technical aspects
- Qualified actuary of a renowned actuarial profession
- Excellent University degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related quantitative field
- Near native level of English required, additional languages a plus
Experience & Key skills
- 7+ years work experience in a related function
- High integrity and trustworthiness (handling confidential information), regarding both character/personal behavior and business conduct
- Experience in P&C (re)insurance reserving, risk capital modeling and/or reinsurance
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- Experience in reviewing and structuring processes including an effective control environment
- Advanced communication skills, proven ability to deal positively with Senior Management and other senior stakeholders
- Proven track record of high customer focus and positive customer feedback, working to enable optimal business decisions
- Self-directed, organized and proven ability to work under time pressure when necessary
- Highly developed project management skills
- Highly motivated, proactive team player with a can-do attitude; also proven ability to work independently with attention to detail
- Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment, treating colleagues and all other stakeholders with respect
- Compliance with the company's code of conduct and relevant standards
Allianz Group is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Caring for our employees, their ambitions, dreams and challenges, is what makes us a unique employer. Together we can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the confidence to explore, to grow and to shape a better future for our customers and the world around us.
We at Allianz believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to bring your whole self to work, no matter where you are from, what you look like, who you love or what you believe in.
We therefore welcome applications regardless of ethnicity or cultural background, age, gender, nationality, religion, disability or sexual orientation.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.