Share this job:
Hannover Re is hiring an
Actuarial Analyst (L&H)
If you want to experience how things are done in the RAV Reinsurance Accounting & Valuation team at our headquarters in Hannover/Germany, join us on a temporary, full-time basis for 24 months commencing as soon as possible as an Actuarial Analyst (Life & Health).
- Preparation of balance sheet and forecast values for the technical account in accordance with IFRS 17 and HGB as well as measurement according to Solvency II
- Using and updating mathematical models
- Economic valuation of the Life & Health business
- Using multiple internal systems to generate balance sheet and forecast values
- Analysing and checking the plausibility of balance sheet and forecast values
- Reporting tasks for IFRS 17 and HGB
- Communicating with internal and external customers, such as independent auditors and colleagues from the international network of the Hannover Re Group
- Interdisciplinary exchange with colleagues from the areas of Underwriting, Accounting, Group Risk Management and IT
- Professional experience in (re)insurance business is desirable
- Degree in (business) mathematics or business administration
- Independent user skills in German and English (at least level B2)
- Well-versed in using Excel
- Knowledge of balance sheet mathematics
- Experience with IFRS 17 and HGB reporting is desirable
- Capacity for analytical thinking and conceptual abilities
- Team player and enjoy working with numbers
What We Offer
Atmosphere: You will find an international working environment with short decision channels, an open feedback culture and a sense of community shaped by mutual esteem and a readiness to help.
Benefits: Structured onboarding, flexible working hours, benefits superior to those of the collective agreement as well as modern offers for personal development, health management and work-life balance are just some of our benefits.
Prospects: You contribute your specialist and methodological expertise and we offer you fresh input and the opportunity to further develop your potential – including room to come up with innovative ideas and act on them!
If you too would like the assurance of a different way of working, apply simply and securely by clicking on the apply now button.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.