Share this job:
Royal London is hiring an
Unit Linked Actuary
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: St. Stephen's Green, Dublin 2
Working style: Hybrid 50% home/office based
Closing date: 9th November 2023
Royal London Ireland is seeking applications for a Unit Linked Actuary to join our Finance team. You will support Royal London Ireland to achieve its Purpose by looking after unit linked customers’ outcomes. You will lead best practice in unit linked pricing, ensure customers’ outcomes are fair and aligned with their expectations, mitigate risks, drive improvements in financial performance and sustainability, and provide accurate and timely analysis.
About the role
- Oversee and challenge the end-to-end unit pricing process, establish a robust control framework and monitor key areas of judgement
- Drive improvements to the design, accuracy, fairness and efficiency of the unit pricing process, including box management
- Lead the meetings of the Unit Pricing Governance Forum and ensure it operates effectively
- Produce reporting for the Royal London Ireland Executive Investment Committee on unit pricing oversight and box management
- Monitor the economic and business environment, take necessary actions to achieve best outcomes for RL Ireland and its customers
- Oversee and challenge the services provided to services provided by investment managers and other partners, in alignment with the RL Ireland’s outsourcing governance framework
- Oversee and challenge services provided in relation to investment strategy reviews, investment performance analysis, responsible investments and climate change monitoring and reporting.
- Provide support on unit linked and investment elements of regulatory and statutory reporting.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer with the shaping and scoping of initiatives to deliver long term financial performance of Royal London Ireland
- Qualified Actuary, member of the Society of Actuaries in Ireland, in compliance with the Society’s CPD requirements
- Experience in oversight of unit-linked fund pricing
- Experience in unit-pricing rectification exercises beneficial
- Experience in analysing investment performance and in derivatives/hedging instruments beneficial
About Royal London Ireland
Based in our city centre location on St Stephen’s Green in Dublin 2, Royal London Ireland is a fully owned subsidiary of the Royal London Mutual Insurance Society Limited, the largest mutual life, pensions, and investment company in the UK. We are authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland and provide protection products through Financial Brokers across Ireland. Our excellent customer service and mutual mindset means we take a longer-term view and focus on providing best customer outcomes.
Our People Promise to our colleagues is that we will all work somewhere inclusive, responsible, enjoyable and fulfilling. This is underpinned by our Spirit of Royal London values; Empowered, Trustworthy, Collaborate, Achieve.
We've always been proud to reward employees by offering great workplace benefits such as 28 days annual leave in addition to public holidays, up to 14% employer matching pension scheme contribution and a contribution to private medical insurance. You can see details of our benefits here - Our Benefits. Please notes benefits for colleagues in the UK and Ireland may vary, please ask our team for details.
Inclusion, diversity and belonging
We’re an Inclusive employer. We celebrate and value different backgrounds and cultures across Royal London. Our diverse people and perspectives give us a range of skills which are recognised and respected – whatever their background.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.