Share this job:
AIG is hiring a
Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
As an actuary at AIG, you will be challenged and encouraged to reach your greatest potential. Every day will bring new opportunities to stretch your analytical and problem-solving skills as you improve how we predict and mitigate risk.
Our Financial Actuaries are on the frontlines, quantifying risk, pricing insurance and reserving losses for AIG’s major regulated and rated insurance operating companies globally. Portfolio Analytics and Pricing Actuaries support AIG’s businesses and are responsible for technical pricing, product development analytics, and performance measurement. They collaborate with Marketing, Operations, and Financial Management.
- Provide the UK & Europe businesses with the actuarial support they require to profitably grow their business and take remedial action where needed.
- Support the development, alignment, and execution of portfolio strategies.
- Produce transactional pricing analyses for accounts within agreed timescales, working closely with underwriters.
- Actively involved in technical pricing tool development and enhancements, whilst considering local market requirements.
- In co-ordination with the Pricing and Portfolio Management (‘PPM’) team, monitor rates at renewal and new business, ensure technical pricing models are in place and reviewed regularly and that any deviation is justified and monitored.
- Ensure data used for pricing and monitoring is complete, accurate, adequate and timely.
- Support and supervise work of junior members of the team
- Comply with key regulatory and risk management procedures.
- Adherence to European and matrix decision making standards within the authorities provided.
Technical Skills and Expertise
- Candidates with several years of relevant actuarial/insurance pricing experience
- Will typically have 5+ years’ insurance/actuarial experience.
- Candidates who are a credentialed member of a recognized actuarial society preferred
- Candidates with some management experience preferred but not required
- Proven proficiency in actuarial pricing concepts/methodologies
- Increasing understanding of health / general insurance principles, including underwriting policies, claims handling policies and local legislation
- Knowledge of VBA, R/Python, Hx, or other programming languages preferred
- Developing ability to communicate actuarial concepts to non-specialists.
- Ability to work under own initiative and show flexibility to meet business needs
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize own work
- Work well both independently and as part of a team
- Professional behavior with the highest level of integrity
- Language requirement – English (working proficiency), French
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its policies and procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual orientation.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.