Share this job:
AIG is hiring a
Senior Actuarial Analyst (Reserving)
Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
This role involves supporting key reserving activities and the management and coordination of the reserving process for Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA). This role will be highly visible, as you will have the opportunity to interact with and advise senior management. We are looking for an individual who is internally motivated, intellectually curious, has the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and tasks, and is driven to enhance existing processes.
More specifically the role involves:
- Assisting in the production of Legal Entity and US GAAP reserve estimates, both gross and net of reinsurance.
- Assisting in production of key reserving results and analytics to take key stakeholders (internal and external to actuarial) through the results.
- Assisting in the timely and accurate reporting of reserve results across multiple lines of business and regions.
- Involvement in the capital model calibration process and other key SII activities.
- Involvement in the analysis and estimation of ULAE reserves across all lines of business.
- Support continuous improvement to key processes.
- Assisting in the production of key reports for regulation purposes, e.g. CAA and SII AFRs
- Assisting in the coordination of the annual audit reviews, independent reserve reviews, internal audit and SOX reviews on behalf of EMEA Actuarial
- BS in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
- Proven proficiency in actuarial concepts/methodologies
- Qualified Actuary (FIA, FCAS) preferred
- 5+ years experience in General Insurance
- Strong leadership, analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective project management, time management and organizational skills
- Strong business and collaboration skills; responsive to service needs and operational demands
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Customer focus
- Professional behaviour with high level of integrity
We're proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most - your health care, savings, financial protection and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family and military needs. For example, our "Giving Back" program allows you to take up to 24 hours a year to volunteer in your community. Our global mental health and wellness days off provide all colleagues with a paid day off to focus on their mental health and wellbeing.
We also believe in fostering our colleagues' development and offer a range of learning opportunities for colleagues to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. We have a tuition reimbursement program for eligible colleagues to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its policies and procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual orientation. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.