Share this job:
Hannover Re is hiring an
AVP Actuary (FRV)
We are currently seeking applicants for an AVP, Actuary (FRV) position. This position is integral to the quarterly valuation and earnings analysis process for a portfolio within the Traditional Mortality block in Financial Reporting and Valuation. There are currently two portfolios, one comprised of the acquired business (Brock, Big Mac, Clearwater), and one comprised of the Organic and Legacy business. The reporting and analysis includes IFRS, US Stat, Solvency II, tax, and others.
The position is responsible for running and maintaining actuarial models used for valuation, forecasting, economic capital, loss recognition testing, and Solvency II. It actively supports external audit, review, and internal retrocession partner requirements. The position collaborates with other Financial Reporting and Valuation personnel and other teams to ensure consistency, accuracy, and efficiency across portfolios. Manages actuarial associates.
- Lead role in managing and running the quarterly valuation and reporting related to the Scottish and Brock acquired blocks of Life Solutions Traditional business.
- Development of quarterly forecasts, and close monitoring, analysis and resolution of any emerqinq trends or earnings variances.
- Analysis, support, and reporting of Solvency II results for Acquired business, including HO Stop Loss
- Active role in meeting external audit, review and family retrocession partner requirements.
Essential knowledge skills and abilities
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and Member of the American Academy of Actuaries
- Undergraduate degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, or related field
- 5-7+ years of related actuarial experience
- Experience in GAAP/IFRS, statutory, and/or Solvency II valuation and financial reporting of life, health and/or annuity products
- Experience with actuarial valuation and projection software
- Extensive spreadsheet and database skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Desired knowledge skills and abilities
- Prior experience in life, health and annuity reinsurance
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with internal and external constituents
- Project management skills
- 5% Overnight travel to Orlando office, if not local
Total Compensation Range: $169,000 - $228,600 (inclusive of Base and Bonus).
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company provided life insurance and disability benefits
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Additional ancillary benefits available
Hannover Life Reassurance Company of America (Hannover Re) seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support the mission, vision and values of the company and those who respect and promote excellence through diversity.
We are committed to making our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Upon request, Hannover Re will reasonably accommodate applicants so they can participate in the application process unless doing so would create an undue hardship to Hannover Re, or a threat to these individuals, others in the workplace or the company as a whole. To request an accommodation, please email HRLUSfirstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow for 24 hours to process your request.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.