Share this job:
Swiss Re is hiring a
Portfolio Actuary (P&C)
About the role
As the UW Transformation team takes shape, we are embarking on a new and exciting chapter within P&C Re. We invite you to join us on this journey and become a valuable member of the portfolio UW and Specialty team. In this team, we play a pivotal role in providing the necessary methods, processes, and data to effectively guide the P&C Re business. Additionally, we are the dedicated Specialty team in Bangalore and support Specialty in underwriting, tool development and actuarial tasks. As part of the team, you will work closely with the P&C Re leadership, the underwriting community, as well as our dedicated teams in D&T, and Finance. Together, we engage in various transformation projects, including portfolio underwriting and Simplex, that will shape the future of our organization.
In this role you would
- Develop generic portfolio costing methods that can be adapted to several portfolios across all LoBs in P&C Re Treaty.
- Contribute to the development of a portfolio underwriting framework, including monitoring, and steering of segments that utilize portfolio costing approaches.
- Develop and maintain Specialty costing/pricing tools, respond to the business needs and requirements in close collaboration with the actuarial and existing Tools & Systems teams
- Maintain and manage various dashboards and reports used for portfolio analysis, perform actuarial analysis, create reports, perform business intelligence activities, etc.
- Work closely with Underwriters across the Globe to provide costing support to various Treaty Deals.
- Work on updating models, analyzing trends, performing actual vs expected studies.
- Develop underwriting mindset and contributes towards overall goal of P&C Underwriting transformation.
- Contribute to ad hoc projects driven by underwriting or cross-functional teams within UW Transformation and the Global Specialty organization
- Minimum of 3-4 years of work experience in P&C Insurance or Reinsurance – preferably with experience in reserving/pricing/tool development/underwriting function
- University degree M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Science (Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Engineering, etc.) with solid numerical, mathematical, statistical or similar background
- Willingness and ability to achieve a full Actuarial qualification
- Experience with programming language like Python, R, C++, C# or similar
- Flair and experience in designing, specifying, implementing, and testing of actuarial functionality in IT systems according to business requirements
- Capable of understanding and prioritizing business requirements, evaluating different implementation options and translating them into viable IT solutions
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Sound conceptual capabilities and strong analytical skills
- Interested in working in an international, multicultural and complex environment
- Open communication, with capability to identify, encourage and accommodate different points of views
- Enthusiasm for actuarial data science
- Product Owner or Project management skills and experiences would be an advantage
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. Our aim is to live visible and invisible diversity – diversity of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, physical abilities, personalities and experiences – at all levels and in all functions and regions. We also collaborate in a flexible working environment, providing you with a compelling degree of autonomy to decide how, when and where to carry out your task.
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. We cover both Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. We embrace a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their passion for sustainability.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.