Share this job:
Hannover Re is hiring a
Senior Actuary (Data Analytics)
We are currently seeking applicants for a Sr Actuary / AVP, Actuary (NBSS - Data Analytics) position. This role serves as a bridge between the NB Life Solutions Pricing Department and the Data Analytics area of NB Shared Services.
As such, part of the role is consistent with the NB Life Solutions Pricing Actuary in that it ensures the financial success of Life Solutions through development and implementation of competing reinsurance solutions for the company’s clients that achieve appropriate returns relative to the risk profiles assumed by Hannover Re affiliates.
Coordinates with clients across business units and geographic locations to ensure successful implementation of reinsurance treaties. Performs significant modelling and analysis, conducts product and industry research, helps prepare documents/slide decks for management and client presentations, and participates in regular discussions with clients and internal key stakeholders. In addition, the role works to coordinate the infrastructure needs of the Life Solutions Pricing Department. This includes establishment of pricing tools in order to appropriately evaluate all life solutions products relative to the all relevant income and balance sheet perspectives. Ensures appropriate GUGS and SUGS pricing guidelines are well documented and incorporated into the pricing tools.
- Ensures the modelling infrastructure needed to accurately represent the various accounting regimes used in pricing Life Solutions products. Beyond accuracy, the tools maintained need to be of high quality in terms of both information provided and the ability to be effectively used by the pricing team. This includes homogenizing the pricing process, as appropriate, between the total product range of Life Solutions.
- Modelling work in actuarial projection systems and other platforms to support pricing, structuring, and ongoing risk analysis of life pricing solutions. Reviews prospective deal product specifications, develops actuarial assumptions and projects financial outcomes to assist in the development of reinsurance solutions. Works closely with various key stakeholders across the organization to support the pricing and risk evaluation processes.
- Serves as the key liaison between the tools developed by the Data Analytics area and their use by the NB Life Solutions Pricing Department. Ensures a high quality tool implementation process. Coaches and mentors technical professionals to develop robust pool of talent in the use of all technical based tools and concepts.
- Works closely with key stakeholders across the organization to support implementation processes and monitor performance of transactions to ensure they are performing as expected in the pricing process.
- Evaluates treaties open for new business for continued favourable expectations in light of revised sales practices, underwriting requirements, product changes and actuarial assumptions. Informs leadership of modified expectations along recommended actions so decisions can be made at appropriate levels to manage the company’s risk/return profile.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science or equivalency
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries
- 8+ years of experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Actuarial modelling and programming experience
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Innovative problem solver
Desired knowledge skills and abilities
- Strong life insurance product and accounting experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to learn new applications
< 10% - Domestic travel with overnight stay
Total Compensation Range: $133,700 - $205,000 (inclusive of Base and Bonus).
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company provided life insurance and disability benefits
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Additional ancillary benefits available
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.