Share this job:
KPMG is hiring a
Manager (Financial Risk and Analytics)
The KPMG Actuarial and Advanced Analytics team in Canberra has grown significantly over the last two years and has become a trusted advisor delivering innovative actuarial and high-end data science services and products to our government clients, but also more broadly supporting the national team across the Financial Services and other private sectors.
We are looking for talented people with strong actuarial background to partner with the KPMG Canberra and the broader national team, provide a unique actuarial perspective and leverage the actuarial skillset and mindset on a diverse range of assignments for the Australian Government.
- Partner with over 800 professionals in Canberra and drive opportunity identification and thought leadership for various government clients.
- Work closely with partners, directors and other experienced staff in multidisciplinary teams to solve client problems.
- Have client facing opportunities and be involved in whole projects not just tasks, giving you the opportunity to gain a broad understanding of wider business issues.
- Contribute to capability development, internal knowledge sharing through identification of emerging themes, problems and opportunities.
- Use insight to present compelling stories that deliver tangible value to clients.
- Apply actuarial and data analytics skills to help our government clients make better policy decisions, understand the financial and human impacts of strategic initiatives, assess costs of policies/ reforms and develop corresponding funding models, optimise the use of finite resources for better citizen outcomes and provide assurance over complex government programmes.
- Develop and implement new client offerings, leveraging the latest technology and KPMG's alliance partnerships.
How are you extraordinary?
- You love being part of a collaborative and multidisciplinary team and building strong relationships both internally and externally.
- You are tuned in to business development opportunities, with confidence creating effective sales material including proposals, case studies, and other sector-specific material.
- You are able to digest, distil, and communicate complex concepts in both written and verbal forms.
You bring to the role:
- These roles can be tailored to fit the talented individual with the right aspirations.
- Nearly qualified or qualified as an actuary you will ideally have:
- Senior Consultant (typically 2 to 5 years' experience) and Manager (typically 5 to 10 years' experience) levels. Enquiries from more senior people are welcome.
- Interest and experience in applying actuarial and data analytics skills outside of traditional actuarial areas of work.
- Commercial acumen to proactively identify and understand business needs and be able to suggest impactful solutions.
- Ability to translate complex actuarial or analytical insights and/or outcomes into presentations (written and verbal) to senior stakeholders (both internal and external).
- Practical experience in Python, R, SAS, Teradata and SQL.
- Minimum NV1 clearance level is required.
You will have a passion for using technology, data and analytics to maximise the value actuaries can bring to organisations, and an ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time. You will want to be a consultant and be passionate about making a difference to your clients, progressive in your thinking and willing to invest in your own career and develop in a supportive team environment.
KPMG is a professional services firm with global outreach and deep sector experience. We work with clients across an array of industries to solve complex challenges, steer change and enable growth. Our people are what make KPMG the thriving workplace that it is and what sets us apart is that we know great minds think differently. Collaborate with a team of passionate, highly skilled professionals who've got your back. You'll build relationships with unique and diverse colleagues who will provide you with the support you need to be your best and produce meaningful and impactful work in an inclusive, equitable culture.
At KPMG, you'll take control over how you work. We're embracing a new way of working in many ways, from offering flexible hours and locations to generous paid parental leave and career breaks. Our people enjoy a variety of exciting perks, including retail discounts, health and wellbeing initiatives, learning and growth opportunities, salary packaging options and more.
Diverse candidates have diverse needs. During your recruitment journey, information will be provided about adjustment requests. If you require additional support before submitting your application, please contact the Talent Support Team.
At KPMG every career is different, and we look forward to seeing how you grow with us.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.