Share this job:
Aon is hiring an
Actuarial Associate Director (STG Consulting)
Aon’s Strategy and Technology Group (STG) are seeking an experienced actuary or actuarial student to join their team and help to accelerate the development of their actuarial advisory business focused on clients in the insurance and reinsurance industries. This is a unique opportunity to be a key part of scaling a leading differentiated consulting business.
STG is Aon’s new global consulting and technology business focused on, but not limited to, insurance and reinsurance companies and other participants in the insurance industry. The team provides strategy consulting and advisory services to many of the most prestigious companies in the global risk transfer sector. They have privileged access to Aon’s proprietary data and the knowledge of its global network of insurance industry experts to derive unique and compelling insights into the sources of competitive advantage in their industry.
Your impact as an Associate Director Analytics – STG Actuarial Consulting
Your role will include participating in new business development, will require you build and manage strong and sustainable relationships with clients, and will require you to respond to the needs and objectives of leadership of Aon’s insurance and reinsurance practices.
You will be participating in complex consultative sales and responsible for creating proposals, managing the delivery of a range of actuarial advisory services to clients, and managing project teams who will deliver outstanding work that makes a difference for our clients.
The role is for an individual with a strong analytics background who is familiar with actuarial and strategic consulting to insurers and reinsurers. Candidates will help consulting teams achieve successful actuarial engagements including modeling, pricing, reserving, portfolio optimization, growth, and product design optimizing outcomes for clients. Positive outcomes are highly correlated with strong teamwork.
- Build relationships to act as a trusted advisor to key stakeholders and client executives.
- Successfully grow our insurance and reinsurance actuarial advisory revenue base. Support efforts to prospect new business, including:
- Conducting various analysis of prospect companies using public data.
- Researching issues publicly disclosed in press releases, earnings calls, investor presentations, etc. and generating relevant peer or industry studies.
- Developing targeted content to address identified client/prospect needs.
- Calling on internal and external networks and stakeholders to generate leads and sales.
- Oversee delivery of complex actuarial advisory services to insurers and reinsurers while managing client relationships, projects, and deliverables.
- Model high performance to help build our teams, fostering a culture of development, and learning to nurture talent.
- Continually role modelling Delivering Aon United behaviours, identifying which parts of Aon are most relevant and build mechanisms to best interact and maximize opportunities.
- Deliver client presentations and build personal and technical expertise to become recognized as an expert inside of Aon.
- Provide expertise to help financial institutions manage risks.
- Support management leadership and comply with Company policies and procedures.
- Explain complex technical matters to company executives, government officials, shareholders, policyholders, or the public. Candidates must lead by example.
- Ensure project teams meet internal compliance and guidelines.
- Ensure project teams are fully engaged and exceeding expectations by checking in with employees regularly and flagging potential problems.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
Candidates should be close to completing (or already achieved) a casualty actuary professional designation and at least six years of relevant experience. The role is for an individual with a strong analytics background. Candidates must have proficiency with actuarial analyses such as experience and exposure rating, reserving, or stochastic modeling. Candidates should be prepared to regularly lead technical discussions in client meetings and be able to articulate various risk and reward trade-offs.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in an analytics-centric environment, preferably in property/casualty insurance, reinsurance, or consulting
- Significant progress towards ACAS, FCAS or similar actuarial credential
- Financial modeling, consulting, reinsurance, or credit default analytics experience preferred.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in R, SQL, Python, or similar languages preferred.
- Dynamic Financial Analysis or Economic Capital Modeling experience is a plus.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems, think creatively, strategically, and analytically.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work independently and in team environment.
- Strong ability to understand and perform mathematical and statistical calculations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognize that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, domestic partner status, or other legally protected status.
We welcome applications from all and provide individuals with disabilities with reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application, interview process and to perform essential job functions once onboard. If you would like to learn more about the reasonable accommodations we provide, email ReasonableAccommodations@Aon.com
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The salary range for this position is $105,000 to $155,000 annually. The actual salary will vary based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. The salary may also be adjusted based on applicant’s geographic location.
This position is eligible to participate in one of Aon’s annual incentive plans to receive annual discretionary bonus in addition to base salary. The amount of any bonus varies and is subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable incentive plan.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.