Share this job:
Swiss Re is hiring an
We are looking for a hardworking and motivated individual to join the EVM/ IFRS 17 team. You will be supporting the quarterly Production and Validation of IFRS 17 results. Finally, you will support the IFRS Technical Assumptions & Parameters team, working with a multidisciplinary team consisting of Accounting and Actuarial Business Experts, Information Architect, Business Analysts and Developers. In this activity, you will support the preparation and upload of factors to be calibrated and further used for IFRS17 reporting.
Global (Re)Insurance Accounting & Reporting team in Group Finance has global ownership of L&H sub-ledger related accounting and reporting activities covering all valuation bases (i.e., US GAAP, IFRS 17, IFRS 9, EVM and Statutory). In addition, the team is also responsible for ensuring Economic Value Management (EVM) reporting quality and consistency by providing second line review of the quarterly EVM valuation figures submitted by the L&H Business Management valuation actuaries. We are a high-performing team with varied strengths of ca. 50 team members primarily located in Bangalore, Bratislava, and Zurich. We work in a friendly, collaborative, and lively team environment.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Part Qualified Actuary with about 4 years of experience and should have cleared 7 actuarial papers.
- Experience in financial reporting with an insurance / reinsurance company and having previous experience working projects related to actuarial / finance
- Understanding of and experience working with an economic valuation framework (EVM, MCEV, IFRS 17) is a plus
- Analytical mindset – strong quantitative skills with the ability to think independently
- Strong communication skills
- Teamwork – ability to work with a multidisciplinary team across locations
- Flexibility – capable of managing own workload and provide flexibility during peak periods
- Ability to develop and cultivate relationships with global business partners
- Willingness to acquire necessary system and technical knowledge
- Fluent in English, both written and oral
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. We cover both Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. We embrace a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their passion for sustainability.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.