Share this job:
Aon is hiring a
Health Solutions Consultant Actuary
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Health Analytics in Chicago, IL.
This role will assist the lead actuary and consultants on assigned large accounts and manage/lead smaller actuarial engagements.
- Assist in strategy development and costing of scenarios related to strategy discussions
- Work with client to identify relevant cost measures
- Assist in benchmarking discussions with clients, including strategy evolution as a result of benchmarking data
- Understand and project savings/costs related to plan design or provider network changes
- Set, and where appropriate review, health care budget rate for self-insured plans; present results to client
- Review employee contribution rate development; present results to client
- Perform supporting analysis for IBNP reserve development
- Develop models to evaluate cost-saving scenarios
- Assist the team in sales situations, representing the financial scope of work
- Mentor and delegate work to other actuarial students as appropriate
- Develop client reports and correspondence
- Seek and provide peer review to ensure high quality client deliverables
- Solicit credentialed actuarial review where appropriate
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of group systems, products and technology, and have a thorough understanding of how these relate to group insurance consulting
- Develop/Improve general consulting skills, knowledge, and exposure
- Four plus years of health and benefits actuarial work experience
- Previous experience at a Human Resources Consulting firm, Outsourcing firm, Broker or Health Insurance Carrier
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Client presentation skills requiredGood communication skills, both written and oral
- ASA actuarial designation or close to achieving ASA
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics or Statistics, or related field
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognize that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, domestic partner status, or other legally protected status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer. People with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The salary range for this position (intended for U.S. applicants) is $89,000-$120,000 annually. The actual salary will vary based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. The salary may also be adjusted based on applicant’s geographic location.
The salary range reflected is based on a primary work location of the state ane region. The actual salary may vary for applicants in a different geographic location.
This position is eligible to participate in one of Aon’s annual incentive plans to receive an annual discretionary bonus in addition to base salary. The amount of any bonus varies and is subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable incentive plan.
Aon offers a comprehensive package of benefits for full-time and regular part-time colleagues, including, but not limited to: a 401(k) savings plan with employer contributions; an employee stock purchase plan; consideration for long-term incentive awards at Aon’s discretion; medical, dental and vision insurance, various types of leaves of absence, paid time off, including 12 paid holidays throughout the calendar year, 15 days of paid vacation per year, paid sick leave as provided under state and local paid sick leave laws, short-term disability and optional long-term disability, health savings account, health care and dependent care reimbursement accounts,employee and dependent life insurance and supplemental life and AD&D insurance; optional personal insurance policies, adoption assistance, tuition assistance, commuter benefits, and an employee assistance program that includes free counseling sessions. Eligibility for benefits is governed by the applicable plan documents and policies.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.