Share this job:
Aviva is hiring a
Reinsurance Actuarial Analyst
We have a unique opportunity for a Reinsurance Actuarial Analyst to join our market leading Bulk Purchase Annuity (BPA) and Equity Release team. This is a great job for a Part qualified actuary (or qualified by experience) who wishes to join a dynamic and motivated team that drive success for our BPA business unit!
The bulk annuity market continues to grow as Defined Benefit pension scheme trustees and employers’ de-risk their balance sheets. Bulk annuity business is a key area of growth and value generation for Aviva, with business volumes tripling over in recent years. This role sits within our reinsurance team who source, analyse, commercially review and implement reinsurance arrangements for the BPA book, typically c£6bn per year. You will report into the Senior Reinsurance Manager and will be involved in reinsurance tenders, analysing terms and working closely with Operations to implement treaty arrangements.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Part qualified actuary (or qualified by experience)
- Previous pricing experience would be an advantage but not essential
- Previous experience of the BPA market or defined benefit pensions would be an advantage but not essential
- Ability to communicate clearly and develop effective professional relationships
- Strong mathematical/actuarial and Excel skills
What you’ll get for this role:
- Starting salary of circa £37,000 (depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications)
- Bonus opportunity - 8% of annual salary Actual amount depends on your performance and Aviva’s.
- Generous pension scheme - Aviva will contribute up to 14%, depending on what you put in.
- 29 days holiday plus bank holidays, and you can choose to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Make your money go further - Up to 40% discount on Aviva products, and other retailer discounts
- Up to £1,200 of free Aviva shares per year through our Matching Share Plan and share in the success of Aviva with our Save As You Earn scheme
- Brilliantly supportive policies including parental and carer’s leave
- Flexible benefits to suit you, including sustainability options such as cycle to work
- Make a difference, be part of our Aviva Communities and use your 3 paid volunteering days to help others
- We take your wellbeing seriously with lots of support and tools
Aviva is for everyone:
We’re inclusive and welcome everyone – we want applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Excited but not sure you tick every box? Research tells us that women, particularly, feel this way. So, regardless of gender, why not apply. And if you’re in a job share just apply as a pair.
We flex locations, hours and working patterns to suit our customers, business, and you. Most of our people are smart working –spending around 50% of their time in our offices every week - combining the benefits of flexibility, with time together with colleagues.
We interview every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us an email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll interview you.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.