Share this job:
Swiss Re is hiring an
Actuarial Modelling Intern (Summer 2024)
About the Team:
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced students to join Swiss Re's Life & Health (L&H) Team to work on an important project to fully automate Valuation processes. Students will have the opportunity to work with large quantities of valuation data, AXIS models and build new models in R/equivalent. The project team is distributed in several locations around the world thus presents a unique experience for students to build international exposure.
About the Role:
As a participant of the Swiss Re Co-op program, you'll take on concrete tasks and various projects straightaway, supported by your team. Networking, social and business events will allow you to fully experience Swiss Re's company culture.
- Must be available to work for Winter and/or Summer 2024
- Pursuing and currently enrolled in Bachelor or Master's in Actuarial science, mathematics, or related fields
- Good academic performance (GPA of 3.0 and above)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exposure to AXIS, SQL, VBA or R is preferred and additionally training/materials will be provided as needed
- Completion of two or more internships in insurance, or business is an asset
- Completion of three or more actuarial exams is preferred
Abilities and Knowledge
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in the insurance industry
- Highly motivated with an ability to work collaboratively
- Independent, critical thinker yet creative in problem-solving
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications, able to navigate complexity
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Excellent listening and communication skills and the ability to foster strong working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and deliver results in a fast-paced dynamic environment
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. We cover both Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. We embrace a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their passion for sustainability.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.