Share this job:
Swiss Re is hiring an
Actuarial Gradaute (Client Management)
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Life and Health Business Unit! Join us, and we will enable you to use your experience, skills & capabilities and help you unlock your potential.
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills, who are eager to learn, broaden their knowledge and expertise and want to make a difference. You have a Bachelor, Master, or PhD degree with up to 3 years professional experience – we invite you to apply to our graduates@swissre programme 2024.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a leading risk knowledge organisation. Over an 18-month period, you will receive on- and off-the-job training, including a job rotation that gives you the opportunity to work across different lines of business and departments.
About the Role
As our Graduate, you will become an integral part of the resilience and long-term success of French L&H market and over time you will develop responsibilities for client relationships and actuarial projects. You will be the voice of the client, a catalyst for sales excellence and work together with the client leadership team, to understand, prioritize, differentiate & implement our clients' needs.
Your main tasks will be:
- Support and advice clients on their reinsurance needs from a commercial and actuarial perspective.
- As integral part of the French cross-functional team, contribute to the development and execution of Swiss Re's L&H strategy France.
- With the client management team, further grow our reinsurance business and complete reinsurance structured deals: including aspects from origination to deal closing.
- With the actuarial team, further improve our actuarial models based on our large data set and claims experience and develop life and health insurance products.
- Develop relevant professional network, both internally and externally.
- Involvement in planning, reporting, documentation and compliance requirements for Key Account Management.
About our Team
You will join a focused and committed sales and actuarial team that is part of an interconnected global community. The team is committed to maintaining the highest standards, to continuous learning and development and delivering the firm to build the future of our business. We are curious, helpful and courageous – and all of this with a good pinch of fun!
- Successfully completed university degree (Bachelor, Master, or PhD degree) in actuarial science or equivalent
- Outstanding customer focus and interpersonal skills allowing you to actively contribute to the team spirit as well as effectively connect with people in multinational environments
- Ability to work both independently or collaboratively while prioritizing and multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- You are result oriented, can think out of the box, roll your sleeves up and are not afraid to take charge of a situation.
- You can spot and design differentiating, innovative solutions to secure competitive advantage. You listen, also to what is not said and can take an unpopular stand when vital.
- Very strong in modelling (mathematics or actuarial science or statistics); you can also explain the challenges and opportunities of models to non-insurance professionals.
- You have a good understanding of market dynamics and trends, and evolving clients' needs.
- You are proficient in French and English.
We provide feedback to all candidates via email. If you have not heard back from us, please check your spam folder.
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. We cover both Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. We embrace a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their passion for sustainability.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.