Legal & General
Share this job:
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
Financial Reporting Actuary
Your role at a glance
We are seeking a talented Financial Reporting Actuary to join the team at Legal & General Re, to support the financial management and reporting of annuity and longevity reinsurance endeavors.
This is an exciting opportunity with a well-established Company in Bermuda which is the global reinsurance hub of Legal & General Group Plc, and a reinsurer of pension risk transfer business.
What you'll be doing
- Perform, review, and challenge financial reporting for L&G in Bermuda. Actuarial reporting includes IFRS, Solvency II and Local Economic Balance Sheet (“EBS”).
- Work with Group Divisions to develop and maintain reporting capabilities and solutions to support the international development and growth ambitions of L&G.
- Assist with onboarding new internal and external business, including reconciliation of reporting financial metrics with pricing.
- Prepare reports and analyses for review by the Head of Actuarial Reporting and the Chief Actuary, and assist in reviewing financial reporting output.
- Take ownership of utilising technology to improve efficiency, control, and depth of analysis.
- Develop the business plan’s financial projection capabilities and deliver results on an annual basis in line with the requirements set out by the L&G Re Board, LGR, and L&G Group.
- Prepare reports and analyses for review by the Chief Actuary and wider L&G committees as necessary.
- Provide actuarial support for L&G ad hoc investigations and strategic projects.
- Deliver effective written and verbal communication, including report writing and presentations, to relevant parties to support effective decision-making and manage the smooth and integrated delivery of business objectives.
- Develop and maintain highly collaborative and effective relationships at all levels within the organisation as well as externally.
- Actively promote L&G’s culture of ownership across the organisation and be a role model for L&G behaviours of Straightforward, Collaborative and Purposeful.
What we're looking for
- Fully qualified Life Actuary.
- A minimum of five years of recent reporting actuarial experience, with demonstrated deep technical understanding of IFRS and Solvency II balance sheet frameworks. Experience within the Bermuda Economic Balance Sheet (“EBS”) framework is an asset.
- Experience and demonstrated understanding of bulk purchase annuity business is required, with experience in the UK and/or US market strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, apply, interpret, and effectively communicate the technical aspects of complex financial information, such as external regulatory reporting, capital and solvency requirements, and IFRS reporting.
- Demonstrated understanding of compliance standards for actuarial reporting, with proven ability to identify key issues and design and implement efficient, robust, and effective actuarial processes and controls.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently, as well as part of a team, and apply sound judgement and pragmatism to achieve business aims.
- Ability to take a balanced view on a range of actuarial and commercial matters, take on board the views of others, and weigh potential risks, combined with the confidence to back their own judgment.
- Deep commercial awareness and a good understanding of the wider business, as well as the economic, market, and regulatory environment in which L&G Re operates.
- Must be organised, highly efficient, and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment, with the ability to work overtime to meet deadlines.
- Experience with the AXIS modelling software is desirable.
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution, and give you access to some great benefits.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
For nearly 200 years we have provided financial services to customers across the UK, and now the US. As one of Europe’s largest insurance and asset management groups, with over £1 trillion in assets, we are experts in safeguarding people’s financial futures. Our ambitions are underpinned by five strong businesses, each of which is innovating and expanding globally, adding new products and solutions to their strategic goals. We aim to be leaders in four key areas: retirement, investment management, capital investment and insurance. Our businesses work together to deliver on our purpose and to drive synergies across the Group.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.