Share this job:
⛔️ Aon are no longer taking applications for this job.
Join Aon to help our clients manage risks in the world of reinsurance - a very innovative and international industry, highly developed in global financial centres such as Zurich, London, Bermuda, Chicago.
We are searching for Actuaries for our actuarial hub for CEE (Central and Eastern Europe) and MENA (Middle East North Africa) based in Prague (Czech Republic) office. The position is suitable if you want to start your career and you don't have any experience yet as well as if you are planning your next step after first years of experience.
Why you should be interested?
In short way we can offer 2 activities that are not so common for actuaries - stochastic modelling and very diverse work.
- Diverse work- We are helping insurers in their risk transfer of their business lines and doing things that often insurers are not able to do by themselves. We work for many different clients in CEE and Middle East, where every client has different portfolio, different problems and therefore our work is very diverse and there are many opportunities to learn and further develop.
- Stochastic modelling- We are advising insurers on their risks and we need to see what is happening on extreme events and be able to use risk measures like Value at Risk. Aon developed one of the most used Stochastic modelling tool for Non-Life called Remetrica and all actuaries have access to it. So, you will make stochastic modelling after a few months in the office and quite often.
The nature of the work is project-oriented, client-focused and targeted at creative problem solving. You will be exposed to a wide range of insurance and reinsurance products, both traditional and non-traditional
In more words the role will include:
- Work with colleagues (brokers, analytics and others) to identify and respond to client needs and develop additional opportunities related to products and services
- You will perform technical analysis and get an innovative insight into insurance companies, their portfolios and reinsurance contracts
- Inventory and manage client as well as industry data with aim to further develop market studies (motor insurance, inflation development, etc.) and develop our internal tools
- Analyse the costs and benefits of risk transferred under reinsurance agreements via pricing analysis and dynamic risk modelling (mainly using collective risk model, various distribution fitting techniques for frequencies and severities)
- Assist in preparing client-ready presentations to communicate analysis results to brokers and clients
To apply for this offer, you should have:
- University degree in actuarial sciences (mathematics applied to insurance) on bachelor or master’s level
- Proficient knowledge of English
- Proactive and result oriented working style
- Ability to identify and resolve problems, think creatively, strategically, and analytically
- Being able to learn quickly and find new solutions
- Team player mentality, while building up constructive and effective working relationships
- Good computer skills (MS Office) are required, programming skills (R, VBA, Python, etc.) are an advantage
- Knowledge of Solvency II and IFRS 17 is an advantage
What we offer:
- Exciting and varied role in the very international reinsurance industry
- Training to our sophisticated methods, including Remetrica, our stochastic modelling tool
- Opportunity to work for the market leader in the world
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits package including pension scheme contributions, language courses, high quality working conditions in our modern offices in the city center
- Possibility of flexible working
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, domestic partner status, or other legally protected status.
Please note applications are available for candidates with valid work permit in Czechia.
⛔️ Aon are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.