Legal & General
Share this job:
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
Actuarial Manager (Financial Reporting)
Your role at a glance:
We have an exciting opportunity that has arisen within our Financial Reporting Centre here at L&G which will focus on providing Reporting support to our Bermuda based L&G Re Business.
This role would be ideal for a Qualified Actuary who has previous Financial Reporting experience and who enjoys processing and validating numbers.
You will work closely with our colleagues in Bermuda and will learn the art of cross-territory stakeholder management, factoring in things such as time-difference to ensure that your internal customer base are satisfied with the service you are providing them.
Whilst this role supports our Bermudan Business it will be a UK based position, however the opportunity to go travel to Bermuda may arise as part of this role.
This is a Hybrid Working opportunity which can be based from either our Hove or London Offices, which will give you the freedom to find a work/life balance that suits you.
What you'll be doing:
- Taking accountability for the presentation and dissemination of results to the external and internal customer, incorporating supporting analysis and commentary for all reporting metrics.
- Taking responsibility for continually developing and maintaining proactive engagement with stakeholders to ensure the delivery of financial results and analysis continues to meet their needs and quality expectations.
- Effectively communicating financial results and complex actuarial methodologies and assumptions to other areas of the business. Which will include providing expert analysis to the risk functions to enable effective and efficient consolidation of results.
- Being accountable for the financial reporting processes across all metrics (IFRS / EC/ Peak 1 / SII) to ensure robustness and timeliness of all deliveries, including forecasting, projections and all required commentary.
- Taking responsibility for understanding the different regulations and requirements pertinent to the territories in which the Divisional Business Partner reports its results (in this case Bermuda).
- Being responsible for all planning phases, including influencing the planning of the team’s reporting activities.
- Being accountable for the delivery of a predictable financial result across an agreed range of financial metrics (e.g. IFRS operating profit, Net Cash, New Business strain). Including highlighting opportunities to maximise performance across the agreed range of financial metrics and challenging business plans and initiatives to ensure that plans deliver the anticipated business benefits.
- Managing the development, support and maintenance of the team’s financial reporting systems, processes and reporting methodologies, ensuring they are robust. This will include incorporating system and process changes as required for the ongoing production of the financial results.
- Managing the relationship with the relevant external consultants, peer reviewers and auditors within the Business Division.
- Complying with the relevant Group and Professional Standards – for example L&G Spreadsheet Standards, L&G Group Policies & Procedures and Technical Actuarial Standards.
What we're looking for:
- A Qualified Actuary - preferably with post qualification experience within a Life Company.
- Previous Financial Reporting experience would be highly beneficial.
- Very good knowledge of the following Reporting Metrics: EV, IFRS, Peak 1, Solvency II and Economic Capital.
- Knowledge of Annuity and\or pension scheme products would also be highly beneficial.
- The ability to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Strong Stakeholder Management skills.
- A self-starter who can work off their own initiative and does not require constant management intervention.
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 27 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You'll receive a car allowance of 12% of your annual salary, and you can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow. Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet. We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area:
Helping over ten million people around the world manage their savings, retirement plans and life insurance requires a lot of people behind-the-scenes. It’s up to us in L&G Group functions – which includes our tech and digital teams, Group Finance, HR, Risk and Corporate Comms to provide the essential support services that all areas of the business need, here in the UK and overseas.
Simply put, we enable everyone at Legal & General to do what they do best. That means we’re helping to improve our customers’ lives, and contributing to the success of the business every day.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities:
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.