Legal & General
Share this job:
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
Climate Risk Manager
Your role at a glance
Do you want a role where you can make a difference? Do you care about the climate and ensuring that sustainable investment strategies are undertaken? Well, we have a fantastic opportunity available here at L&G for someone to join us as a Group Climate Risk & Reporting Manager.
In this role you will embed our emerging climate investment risk & reporting capabilities, including oversight and consolidation into the associated business and functional areas (e.g., Group and divisional finance, reporting and modelling teams).
You will also define and develop the target operating model, processes and reporting activities for climate investment risk, as well as driving the alignment of the associated best practice risk modelling and reporting rigour on climate metrics with the existing suite of financial metrics.
This is a hybrid working opportunity based from our London Offices in Moorgate, which will allow you to find a work/life balance that suits you.
What you'll be doing
- Embedding the growing suite of climate investment metrics within risk modelling and reporting functions, through development of an associated target operating model to ensure that they meet Group Climate Strategy/Requirements.
- Developing the risk modelling and reporting rigour across the climate investment metric suite, including enhancing the Analysis of Change (AOC) process and developing the documentation to an auditable standard, where relevant and to ensure they meet Group Climate Strategy/requirements.
- Running the production of Year-End and Half-Year metric calculations for Group level external reporting, including co-ordinating the divisional inputs, assumptions, modelling approach and results production in partnership with LGIM, ensuring that they meet reporting timescales.
- Acting as an SME, to support the review of climate scenario inputs, modelling assumptions and results and integrate climate risk capabilities within internal balance sheet risk management frameworks, including the group’s Own Risk & Solvency Assessment (ORSA) and Stress & Scenario Testing (SST) ensuring company is preparing for various scenarios in line with Groups Climate Strategy requirements.
- Producing climate investment metric content for internal climate and environmental governance and the group’s climate disclosures in a timely and accurate manner to ensure Group requirements are met.
- Supporting the Group Head of Climate Investment Oversight with industry engagement initiatives and developing Group climate investment policies and targets ensuring we adhere to company requirements and external best practice.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring that the reporting documentation suite, modelling documentation suite and TOM risk and reporting documentation is all up to date to ensure we are in an auditable position as per company requirements.
- Ensuring that all Climate processes, modelling and reporting is completed in line with our Consumer Duty Accountability.
What we're looking for
- A Qualified Actuary, or qualified through exceptional relevant experience.
- Knowledge of risk modelling and reporting control frameworks, regulation and broader market context.
- Knowledge of existing and evolving climate terminology, risk frameworks and upcoming changes is preferable but not essential.
- A proactive approach to learning about climate science and technical matters.
- A willingness to actively seek to discuss issues and share information.
- Ability to analyse problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to create and deliver clear and concise written reports.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to proactively question and improve the status quo, and think outside the current framework in order to improve any aspect of our response to climate change.
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 27 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You'll receive a car allowance of 12% of your annual salary, and you can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow. Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet. We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Helping over ten million people around the world manage their savings, retirement plans and life insurance requires a lot of people behind-the-scenes. It’s up to us in L&G Group functions – which includes our tech and digital teams, Group Finance, HR, Risk and Corporate Comms to provide the essential support services that all areas of the business need, here in the UK and overseas.
Simply put, we enable everyone at Legal & General to do what they do best. That means we’re helping to improve our customers’ lives, and contributing to the success of the business every day.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.