Share this job:
⛔️ Swiss Re are no longer taking applications for this job.
Audit Manager (Actuarial)
About the Role
As an Audit Manager, you will work within an agile framework in which you will work with the Audit Director to manage and execute the delivery of audits related to Swiss Re's activities in the Asia Pacific region and globally, to deliver independent assurance to the Board of Directors of Swiss Re Group as well as the relevant Legal Entities in the Asia Pacific region.
Your key tasks are to lead and manage a small team of auditors to ensure strong execution and delivery of audits, contributing strong business insights and meeting internal standards and quality. Furthermore, you contribute your actuarial and technical insights and expertise in GIA strategic initiatives, projects, committee and regulatory reporting, including managing a small team to achieve these objectives when required.
You also work with the Audit Director in ensuring robust execution of the continuous and bottom-up risk assessment processes that underpin our risk based and agile auditing approach, relying on both quantitative and qualitative information for the region to ensure appropriate audit coverage through regional or global audits.
For you, this role is a unique opportunity to deal with themes that have organizational impact at the most senior level of the organization driving the risk culture of Swiss Re. You will be constantly challenged to learn new areas of Swiss Re's global business, to assess the effectiveness of the relevant processes, risk and controls and to devise workable solutions to address complex business problems.
About the Team
Group Internal Audit provide independent and objective assurance that assists the Board of Directors and Group Executive Committee to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the organization. We perform audit activities designed to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the Group's internal control systems, and to add value through improving the Group's operations.
GIA's vision is Advancing Swiss Re's Resilience. We aspire to be critical thinkers who lead from every seat, challenge the status quo, understand risk, and demonstrate that we are responsive to risk. We aim to provide risk-focused measurable assurance and innovative insights that advances Swiss Re’s control environment and risk culture. And lastly, we seek to optimize our assurance by applying innovative and risk-focused techniques that ensures that our audit effort is proportionate to risk.
Education and experience:
- University degree in Actuarial Science or other quantitative disciplines, part or fully qualified with an international actuarial organisation (e.g. IFoA, SOA, etc)
- 8 – 10+ years of actuarial related work experience within an actuarial function, External Audit with a Big 4 and/or Internal Audit or other assurance functions in (re)insurance industry.
- Proficient in written and spoken English and an additional Asian language (Chinese, Japanese preferred)
- Strong managerial skills, with proven ability to lead and coach junior actuaries on the job
- Strong risk assessment and audit skills
- Strong awareness of internal audit methodologies and current and emerging issues for the (re)insurance industry, particularly within Asia.
- Good knowledge of (re)insurance (L&H and P&C), and its governance, risks and controls, particularly for actuarial, risk and other technical domains (e.g. costing, claims, underwriting, reserving, IFRS 17, US GAAP, RBC, C ROSS, Solvency II).
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements in Asia, particularly for Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Australia and Japan.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access) and Actuarial and/or Data Analytics Software (e.g. Prophet, AXIS, Python, R, SQL, SAS).
- Data analytics experience a plus
- Professional certification such as CPA, CA, CIA, CISA ideal
- Critical thinker that sees the "big picture" (e.g. overall themes, trends, goals), generates innovative ideas and solutions to problems and makes recommendations in the face of complexity, conflicting pressures and ambiguous circumstances
- Highly organized, with the ability to manage various audits and projects and work under pressure and tight timelines
- Collaborator and motivated team player, able to lead and empower team members to 'take leadership at every seat'
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence and gain respect of stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- Strong problem-solving skills and commitment to quality and timely delivery
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. It is the practice of the Company to recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, pregnancy, sexual orientations, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Decisions on employment are solely based on an individual's qualifications for the position being filled.
During the recruitment process, reasonable accommodations for disabilities are available upon request. If contacted for an interview, please advise the Recruiter/HR Professional of the accommodation needed.
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. We cover both Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. We embrace a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their passion for sustainability.
⛔️ Swiss Re are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.