Legal & General
Share this job:
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
Your role at a glance:
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Workplace Team in our Retail Division due to continued growth. As a Pricing Analyst, you will support with product pricing, product development, and business development of our Workplace DC products. You will get involved with the negotiation and authorization of pricing (at both new business tender stage and/or retention pricing), as well as providing analysis and reporting of ongoing scheme profitability and AUM.
This role would be ideal for a part-qualified actuary with previous Life/Pensions experience (although we are also open to other backgrounds as well). And we would also welcome applications from Exam Leavers or individuals who are currently on a Study Hiatus.
This is a hybrid working opportunity, which means you can split your working week flexibly between your home and our London office in Moorgate to help achieve a work-life balance which suits you.
What you'll be doing:
- Providing timely pricing for all bundled Workplace DC requests within delegated authorities. This will include negotiating and agreeing terms with various stakeholders for large or otherwise non-standard opportunities to secure volume and profit. Whilst ensuring that a commercial yet appropriate balance is maintained between the volume and profit margins.
- Providing assistance as directed with the following:
- Fund Pricing, covering the future growth rate assumptions and pricing of Workplace DC funds.
- Pricing Model, covering the updating, delivery and support of the Workplace DC Pricing Model and the annual reconciliation with the Reporting model.
- Illustration Systems, covering the understanding, testing and maintenance of the different illustration systems.
- Management Information, covering the data manipulation, data analysis and report production aspects of the regular MI reports.
- To assist with producing detailed analyses of experience against pricing assumptions for key factors within the pricing model. These include persistency, expenses and other assumptions.
- Ad Hoc Items, covering projects, analyses and reports.
- Supplying (to agreed timescales) authority of terms for each client implementation, confirming the annual management charges, and later authorise new business set up within the underlying systems.
- Considering L&G’s Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly Policy in pricing Workplace DC products.
What we're looking for:
- A current/previous student member of the IFoA with some previous exam success (who is no longer actively studying)
- Previous experience working in a UK life office or reinsurer.
- Knowledge of unit linked pensions products would be an advantage, but is not essential.
- Ability to promptly analyze work requests and assess the requirements and when required respond with any supplementary questions as necessary.
- Good word processing, spreadsheet (& VBA) skills.
- Ability to investigate and solve problems where they arise.
- Ability to handle a high volume of diverse work, and being able to effectively plan and prioritize own workload.
- Ability to perform calculations quickly and accurately with a low error rate, and to assess the results of calculations to ensure they are reasonable.
- Ability to question results for reasonableness, and also to refer to more experienced staff where appropriate.
- Good teamworking skills are a necessity.
- Ability to communicate clearly, so as to convey understanding of sometimes complex detail to both internal and external customers.
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognize and reward your hard work, your performance, and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, at least 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow. Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers, and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility, and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area:
Life can sometimes be unpredictable, and it pays to plan ahead. Our aim at Legal & General Retail is to help our customers plan for the unexpected, achieve financial security for their tomorrow, and protect everything that’s important to them.
To better understand our customers and meet their needs, we’ve brought our protection, retirement income, savings, lending and advice, fintech and mortgage businesses under one umbrella. Created at the start of 2022 through the merging of our long-standing and trusted retail retirement and insurance businesses, we’re a fast-growing division with big, customer-centered ambitions.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities:
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
You've aced the actuarial job interview and an offer is on the table – congratulations! But now, the real challenge begins: negotiation.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.