Share this job:
⛔️ AIG are no longer taking applications for this job.
Who we are
Talbot is an international insurer and reinsurer operating within the Lloyd’s market through Syndicates 1183 and 2019. We have been part of AIG since 2018 and our ambition is to be AIG’s Centre of Excellence at Lloyd’s. Headquartered in London, Talbot has offices in New York and Singapore and over 300 people working across these three locations.
Get to know the business
Syndicate 1183 underwrites multiple classes of business including Political Violence/Terrorism, Marine, Energy (off-shore and on-shore), Marine and Energy Liability, Hull, Cargo and Specie, Political Risk, Property, Accident and Health, Financial Lines, Cyber, Alternative Risks, Non-Physical Cyber and Treaty Reinsurance.
Syndicate 2019 reinsures premium written by AIG’s Private Client Group, covering Homeowners, Auto, General Specie and other products.
About the role
What you need to know:
- Work across various lines of business to support Underwriters to develop more profitable portfolios through:
- Development of pricing models
- Maintenance and enhancement of existing pricing models
- Periodic recalibration of pricing models and tools to reflect the current year’s business plan.
- Perform and develop individual risk pricing in support of the underwriters.
- Assist in the collection and research of pricing data, and then in the development of analysis and reporting of pricing data.
- Provide actuarial support for business initiatives
- Evolve pricing standards as per market requirements (eg: Lloyds BPPF, consistency with AIG)
- Incorporate feedback from internal reports on model usage/ portfolio analytics to determine model updates
- Support pricing modernisation initiatives
- Drive and embed pricing governance within the team (developing clear audit trails, setting governance priorities)
- Introduce new profitability studies which define how the team approaches planning going forwards
- Train the team in account pricing, using bespoke approaches, with a particular focus on communication of results to underwriters, setting the standard for how the team approaches account pricing going forwards
- Establish best practice for re-platformed models
Although not part of the key responsibilities for this role, the candidate may be required to provide ad-hoc support to the pricing team on the following tasks:
- Assist underwriters in the development of the underwriting strategy underlying their annual business plan
- Assist in the development of the SBF and SCR
- Assistance with Management Information and Reporting
- Support for team meetings and meetings with Management
What we’re looking for:
Experience in the following areas would be beneficial:
- London Market Pricing Experience, ideally Marine and Speciality lines
- Data manipulation and technical modelling skills
- Strong skills in using spreadsheets and databases
- Knowledge of programming (eg: R, Python)
- Strong organisational skills
- Effective communication
- Attention to detail
- Coding experience (eg: SQL, R, Python)
What we offer
Our people are what make Talbot a market leading syndicate, so we are focused on creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture that helps us attract and retain great people.
We pride ourselves on helping our people develop and hone their professional skills throughout their careers. Our employees have access to a broad range of best-in-class career development programmes, we run regular training courses and events throughout the year covering both technical and non-technical topics.
Charitable giving is an important part of our culture too and we encourage people to give back to causes they care about, supporting them through our matched funding initiative and
A look at our Benefits
We're proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most - your health care, savings, financial protection and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family and military needs. For example, our "Giving Back" program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community. Our global mental health and wellness days off provide all colleagues with a paid day off to focus on their mental health and wellbeing.
We also believe in fostering our colleagues' development and offer a range of learning opportunities for colleagues to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. We have a tuition reimbursement program for eligible colleagues to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its policies and procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual orientation.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
⛔️ AIG are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.
Being an actuary isn’t the 9-5 job that everyone thinks it is. At some point in your career, you'll probably feel like you're approaching burnout.