Legal & General
Share this job:
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
Senior Actuarial Analyst
Your role at a glance
We are looking for a Nearly/Newly Qualified Life Actuary to join us here at L&G Re as a Senior Actuarial Analyst. In this role you will provide technical support for pricing of all annuity, longevity, and protection / mortality reinsurance business opportunities, including supporting the writing of Committee and Board papers.
L&G Reinsurance Company Limited (“L&G Re”) is the global reinsurance hub of L&G Group Plc. (“Group”) and a leading global reinsurer of pension risk transfer (“PRT”) business. Whilst this is a Bermuda based role, business travel may be required on occasion to the UK or other territories.
What you'll be doing
- Supporting the pricing of all annuity, longevity, and protection / mortality reinsurance business opportunities.
- Supporting pricing systems and processes including the review of existing systems and the development and implementation of new ones.
- Supporting the team with the writing of Committee and Board papers.
- Supporting relationships with clients, prospects and retrocessionaires in all territories.
- Providing actuarial support to other areas of the business, including contributing to business planning, reporting and ad hoc business requests and projects.
- Coaching others to achieve and maintain optimal employee engagement.
- Developing and maintaining highly collaborative and effective relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Actively promoting L&G Re’s culture of ownership across the organization and be a role model for L&G behaviours of Straightforward, Collaborative and Purposeful.
- Carrying out duties with integrity, purpose and diligence, ensuring that appropriate professional standards are maintained, that the pricing requirements and deadlines are met, that records are maintained appropriately and that the actuarial processes are fit for purpose and meet internal and regulatory requirements.
- On an as needed basis, run and maintain reinsurance contract administration systems and processes to reconcile and process regular client reinsurance premiums and claims for clients.
What we're looking for
- A Part Qualified Life Actuary (with 6 or more actuarial exams passed) and a dedication to attaining actuarial credentials.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience of pricing life/annuity business or pension consulting experience with a focus in DB de-risking or actuarial valuation projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of technical aspects of external regulatory reporting, capital and solvency requirements and IFRS reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret financial information, identify key issues based on this information and propose controls and measure to address them.
- Ability to design and implement efficient, robust and effective actuarial processes, incorporating and managing appropriate controls.
- Ability to demonstrate strong technical actuarial skills as well as the ability to apply a balanced judgement of risks and the views of others in order to achieve business aims.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective professional relationships at all levels throughout an organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently, as well as part of a team, and apply sound judgement and pragmatism in order to achieve business aims.
- A commercial awareness and a good understanding of the wider business, as well as the economic, market and regulatory environment in which L&G Re operates.
- Must be very organised, highly efficient and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment, with the ability to deliver reliable work of a high quality in demanding timescales.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, dependants' pensions, at least 22 days’ holiday, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands. We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet. We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it. At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best.
Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance. Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
For nearly 200 years we have provided financial services to customers across the UK, and now the US. As one of Europe’s largest insurance and asset management groups, with over £1 trillion in assets, we are experts in safeguarding people’s financial futures. Our ambitions are underpinned by five strong businesses, each of which is innovating and expanding globally, adding new products and solutions to their strategic goals. We aim to be leaders in four key areas: retirement, investment management, capital investment and insurance. Our businesses work together to deliver on our purpose and to drive synergies across the Group.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation. We actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status.
In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve. We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow. We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.
Being an actuary isn’t the 9-5 job that everyone thinks it is. At some point in your career, you'll probably feel like you're approaching burnout.