Share this job:
⛔️ AIG are no longer taking applications for this job.
Actuary (Global Credit Lines)
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions.
General Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products and services for commercial and personal insurance customers. It includes one of the world’s most far-reaching property casualty networks. General Insurance offers a broad range of products to customers through a diversified, multichannel distribution network.
As an actuary at AIG, you will be challenged and encouraged to reach your greatest potential. Every day will bring new opportunities to stretch your analytical and problem-solving skills as you improve how we predict and mitigate risk. Our Actuaries are on the frontlines, quantifying risk, pricing insurance and reserving losses for AIG’s major regulated and rated insurance operating companies globally. Portfolio Analytics and Pricing Actuaries support AIG’s businesses and are responsible for technical pricing, product development analytics and performance measurement. They collaborate with Marketing, Operations and Financial Management.
The Global Credit Lines Actuary will be responsible for supporting the Global Credit Lines business, providing pricing analysis and granular performance monitoring.
- Providing the Global Credit Business with the actuarial support they require to profitably grow their business and take remedial action where needed.
- Produce transactional pricing analysis for accounts within agreed timescales, working closely with underwriters.
- Actively involved in technical pricing tool development and enhancements, whilst considering local market requirements.
- In co-ordination with the actuarial pricing team, monitor rates at renewal and new business, ensure technical pricing models are in place and reviewed regularly and that any deviation is justified and monitored.
- Report performance at granular level (account and rating factor) so that underwriters can optimise performance.
- Ensure data used for pricing and monitoring is complete, accurate, adequate and timely.
- Responsible for training and mentoring junior members of staff.
- Comply with key regulatory and risk management procedures.
- Adherence to European and matrix decision making standards within the authorities provided.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mathematics/Actuarial Science
- Qualified or nearly qualified member of an Actuarial Institute or equivalent experience
- Credit insurance experience or a good understanding of analysing credit portfolios.
- Proven proficiency in actuarial pricing concepts/methodologies
- Increasing understanding of general insurance including underwriting policies, claims handling policies and local legislation
- Knowledge of PC and mainframe environments
- Knowledge of SAS, VBA, R, Python
- Ability to communicate actuarial concepts to non-specialists.
- Ability to forge relationships with other areas of the business
- Ability to work under own initiative and show flexibility to meet business needs
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritise own work
- Professional behaviour with high level of integrity
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities.
A look at our Benefits
We're proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most - your health care, savings, financial protection and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family and military needs. For example, our "Giving Back" program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community. Our global mental health and wellness days off provide all colleagues with a paid day off to focus on their mental health and wellbeing.
We are an equal opportunity employer
American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its policies and procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual orientation.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
⛔️ AIG are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.
Being an actuary isn’t the 9-5 job that everyone thinks it is. At some point in your career, you'll probably feel like you're approaching burnout.