Legal & General
Share this job:
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
Group Prudential Risk Actuary
Your role at a glance
We are looking for an experienced actuary to join us as a Group Prudential Risk Actuary. In this role you report directly to Legal & General Assurance Society’s (LGAS) Chief Actuary. You will provide oversight of the prudential risk and capital management of the long-term business of Legal & General Assurance Society (LGAS) and the wider L&G Group.
Prudential Risk provide advice and support on a wide variety of topics, including financial reporting, internal model development, risk oversight, project work and strategic decision making. The role provides exposure to all of L&G’s core businesses across both first and second line teams.
This is a hybrid working opportunity, which means you can split your working week flexibly between your home and our London office in Moorgate to help achieve a work-life balance which suits you.
What you'll be doing
- Providing second line review, oversight and challenge of financial results for LGAS and the Group.
- Reviewing, analysing and providing advice on the methodology and assumptions used for financial and regulatory reporting and risk management, ensuring that they meet professional and statutory requirements as well as any further Group requirements.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of an appropriate framework for the management of prudential risk.
- Contributing to the overall prudential risk management of LGAS, including oversight of solvency forecasting, strategic business planning, dividend affordability and stress & scenario testing.
- Supporting groupwide oversight of insurance, reinsurance, market, liquidity and ALM risks.
- Contributing to the development, use and oversight of the Group’s capital models, ensuring that risks are identified and modelled appropriately.
- Identifying opportunities for generating and exploiting capital synergies within LGAS and other parts of the Group. This will involve working with Business Unit finance, pricing and risk functions to develop insights and identify opportunities to deploy capital more efficiently.
- Providing support in the execution of projects as required from an actuarial, risk and capital perspective so that the long-term impact is fully understood by the business and reflected in recommendations made.
What we're looking for
- A Qualified Actuary (with significant PQE)
- A detailed understanding of Solvency II
- Knowledge of actuarial liability reporting and analysis across all metrics
- A detailed understanding of the financial and insurance risk management of insurance businesses
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Strong data analysis skills
- A problem solver with a pragmatic approach, who can work through the detail to find an appropriate resolution
- Highly organised individual, with the ability to effectively plan and prioritise workloads to meet the changing demands of the business
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 30 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You'll receive a car allowance of 12% of your annual salary, and you can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Helping over ten million people around the world manage their savings, retirement plans and life insurance requires a lot of people behind-the-scenes. It’s up to us in L&G Group functions – which includes our tech and digital teams, Group Finance, HR, Risk and Corporate Comms to provide the essential support services that all areas of the business need, here in the UK and overseas. Simply put, we enable everyone at Legal & General to do what they do best. That means we’re helping to improve our customers’ lives, and contributing to the success of the business every day.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Actuaries never stop learning. There are loads of industry webinars and conferences out there, but I prefer reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.
Being an actuary isn’t the 9-5 job that everyone thinks it is. At some point in your career, you'll probably feel like you're approaching burnout.