Legal & General
Share this job:
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
Senior Actuarial Analyst (Financial Risk)
Your role at a glance
We have a fantastic opportunity for a nearly/newly qualified actuary to join our Retirement Division as a Senior Actuarial Analyst in the Financial Risk Team.
In this role you will support the production and analysis of stress and scenario tests (SSTs) within LGRI (Legal & General Retirement Institutional). These SSTs are produced for both external disclosure and internal risk management; including but not limited to the management of the ALM position of the division.
If you are inquisitive in nature and like to know the outcomes of potential real-life 'what if' scenarios then this could be the role for you.
This is a hybrid working opportunity based from our London Offices in Moorgate, which will allow you to work from either the office or home in a way that best suits you.
What you'll be doing
- Running a variety of sensitivities for both external disclosure and internal risk management, including to support LGRI asset-liability management (ALM). This includes both financial (e.g. interest rates, inflation) and non-financial (e.g. longevity) sensitivities.
- Providing analysis of these sensitivities, including impacts on both an IFRS17 and Solvency II basis as well as commentary on movements over time.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders including other teams in LGRI Finance, LGRI Investments and Group Finance. Ensuring your communication is clear, concise and tailored to the needs of the various stakeholders.
- Supporting the effective prioritisation and scheduling of the team’s deliveries.
- Demonstrating an attitude of continuous improvement by actively supporting the development, implementation and maintenance of the team’s reporting systems and processes. Ensuring they are robust, with any associated risks assessed and appropriately controlled.
- Providing input into the identification and prioritisation of improvements to methodology and supporting the implementation of these methodology changes as required for the ongoing production of financial results and analysis.
- Demonstrating a risk and control mind set through proactive identification of control weaknesses, and ensuring that all such weaknesses, as well as other control observations and issues are remediated quickly, sustainably, and effectively.
- Demonstrating awareness, understanding, and appropriate action in relation to your personal responsibilities for information security, specifically around access management, data handling (encryption and classification), password control and building security.
What we're looking for
- A nearly or newly qualified actuary (or a part qualified actuary with exceptional experience)
- An understanding of bulk & individual annuity products and reporting metrics such as IFRS17 & Solvency II.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to review results for reasonableness.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to tailor communication to meet the needs of the intended audience.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and build relationships with key stakeholders from across the business.
- Experience in implementing system/methodology improvements would be highly advantageous
- Previous Financial Reporting experience would also be highly advantageous
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, at least 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow. Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet. We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Securing pensions over the long term can be a challenge for many businesses. Our ambition at Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is to help companies and pension scheme trustees honour their defined benefit pension promises to their employees. We’re helping companies settle their pension liabilities so they can focus on growing their businesses, as well as helping to support their members’ financial security in retirement. And we’re investing for the long term to back our pension promises. In the last 30 years we’ve written more UK business than any other insurer, and we currently look after more than half a million pension policyholders. We're the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider, and a market-leading, multi-award winning business.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.
Being an actuary isn’t the 9-5 job that everyone thinks it is. At some point in your career, you'll probably feel like you're approaching burnout.
Starting a new job can be pretty scary, especially if it's your first actuarial role. But don't worry, we're here to help.