Legal & General
Share this job:
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
Capital Reporting Actuary
Your role at a glance
We have an exciting opportunity within our Retirement Division (LGRI) for a technically minded Qualified Actuary to join the Reporting Team as a Capital Reporting Actuary.
In this role you will take ownership of the production and validation of the Solvency II SCR results. Which will include providing financial results of metrics, supporting analysis and commentary in a timely basis and to the appropriate level of quality.
You will also disseminate financial information in an effective manner, ensuring that its presentation and analysis meet the wide experience and background of our customer base.
This is a hybrid working opportunity, based from our Coleman Street Offices in London which will allow you to work effectively from both your home and the office, to help you achieve a work life balance that suits you.
What you'll be doing
- Managing the production of the quarterly and any other ad-hoc recalculation of the SCR & the validation and analysis of the internal model results such as; impacts from internal model changes, calibration and validation of the capital pricing model, stress and scenario testing on the capital position and internal model approach reviews.
- Providing LGRI Solvency II capital related MI within the organisation and presenting/disseminating these results, including incorporating specialist supporting analysis and commentary for reporting metrics.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders including, but not limited to, other teams in Finance, Risk, Group Actuarial and internal model governance committees.
- Owning the effective prioritisation and scheduling of activities required for business-as-usual reporting, analysis, and process developments whilst also allocating appropriate resources to meet ad hoc requests.
- Working with the Actuarial Transformation and Group Actuarial to identify, prioritise, develop and implement process and methodology changes to improve the sophistication and accuracy of the internal model and its results and analyses.
- Owning the continual development, implementation and maintenance of the team’s reporting systems, processes, and methodologies, ensuring that they are robust and that risks are assessed and appropriately controlled.
- Supporting the strategic direction for the team’s reporting systems, processes and methodologies and take responsibility for reviewing process flows and wastage within models to identify opportunities for improvement in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Leading, managing, motivating, utilising and developing junior employees, in a manner that is consistent with the Company’s policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement, to maximise the performance of the area.
What we're looking for
- A Qualified Actuary, with experience in Life Insurance.
- A good technical understanding of; Solvency II reporting metrics, capital modelling, stress and scenario testing and matching adjustment.
- Ideally some knowledge/experience of UK pension risk transfer.
- Modelling knowledge in VBA and R.
- Good Solvency II reporting experience, with SCR experience being an added bonus.
- Analytical skills with the ability to review results for reasonableness.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of effectively managing various Stakeholders.
- Experience in reviewing processes and implementing improvements.
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 27 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You'll receive a car allowance of 12% of your annual salary, and you can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow. Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet. We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Securing pensions over the long term can be a challenge for many businesses. Our ambition at Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is to help companies and pension scheme trustees honour their defined benefit pension promises to their employees. We’re helping companies settle their pension liabilities so they can focus on growing their businesses, as well as helping to support their members’ financial security in retirement. And we’re investing for the long term to back our pension promises.
In the last 30 years we’ve written more UK business than any other insurer, and we currently look after more than half a million pension policyholders. We're the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider, and a market-leading, multi-award winning business.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.
Being an actuary isn’t the 9-5 job that everyone thinks it is. At some point in your career, you'll probably feel like you're approaching burnout.
Starting a new job can be pretty scary, especially if it's your first actuarial role. But don't worry, we're here to help.