Share this job:
⛔️ Swiss Re are no longer taking applications for this job.
This position is a promising opportunity to be a part of our Actuarial tools and Analytics function located in Bangalore. Do you bring a strong technical and analytical background and want to further enrich your experience with reinsurance business, underwriting and tool development know-how? If the answer is yes, read on!
The role is within the Reinsurance Business Unit in the P&C Centre Cluster which is part of the P&C Tools & Systems. The team is responsible for developing and maintaining the P&C underwriting, costing and pricing tools. We are constantly evolving and developing the underwriting platforms focusing on costing and pricing.
- Collaborate with the Product owners for large actuarial methods/costing tools and work together in shaping up the strategic landscape development in treaty business
- Take ownership of new actuarial modelling and numerical programming
- Data Analytics and parameter management for major P&C lines of business.
This team is part of distributed P&C Tools and Systems team operating in Zurich, Munich, London, Chicago (Schaumburg) and Bangalore. The key objective of our distributed team is to build and own the major global underwriting, costing and pricing tools to write the property, casualty, Cyber and Special Lines (Aviation, Agriculture, Marine etc.). In addition, the team takes more and more care of the e2e underwriting value chain. We define and implement the strategy for a gradual transformation of the landscape for the underwriting of the future focusing on digitization, automation, transformation and data.
- Development and productive maintenance of major costing/pricing tools, with the focus on portfolio rating (treaty), and subsequent implementation following reinsurance business needs and requirements in close collaboration with the existing team.
- Building the future tool landscape, with focus on treaty business, considering the full end-to-end underwriting process
- Ensuring operations are implemented according to internal guidelines and standard methodologies
- Providing tool support, knowledge, documentation, training as well as transactional support during peak treaty renewals
- Delivering costing tools, processes and methodology training, particularly with Asia and Australia UW community.
- Supporting development and reviewing local, tactical tools (End Using Applications)
- Ensuring governance process around tool development and actuarial/model reviews
- Ad hoc work within the underwriting and actuarial area, like development of new actuarial models, data analysis, crafting reports, performing business intelligence activities, etc.
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in Science (Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Engineering.) with solid numerical, mathematical, statistical or similar background
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years working experience in Insurance or Reinsurance – preferably with experience in costing/pricing systems
- Experience with programming language like Java, R, C++, C# or similar an advantage
- Flair and experience in designing, specifying, implementing and testing of actuarial functionality in IT systems according to business requirements
- Willingness and ability to achieve a full Actuarial qualification is an advantage but not required
- Product ownership experience for actuarial methods/costing tools will be an advantage
- Capable of understanding and prioritizing business requirements, evaluating different implementation options and translating them into viable IT solutions
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Sound conceptual capabilities and strong analytical skills
- Accomplished interpersonal and communication skills – demonstrates a clear and eloquent standard of written and verbal English communication in a sophisticated environment
- Interested in working in an international, multicultural and complex environment
- Work well in a distributed team with diverse partners spread across the world
- Product Owner or Project management skills and experiences would be an advantage
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. Our aim is to live visible and invisible diversity – diversity of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, physical abilities, personalities and experiences – at all levels and in all functions and regions. We also collaborate in a flexible working environment, providing you with a compelling degree of autonomy to decide how, when and where to carry out your task.
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. We cover both Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. We embrace a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
⛔️ Swiss Re are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.
Being an actuary isn’t the 9-5 job that everyone thinks it is. At some point in your career, you'll probably feel like you're approaching burnout.
Starting a new job can be pretty scary, especially if it's your first actuarial role. But don't worry, we're here to help.