Share this job:
⛔️ Allstate are no longer taking applications for this job.
Senior Actuarial Consultant
Arity is a data and analytics company founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016. Our goal is to improve transportation by collecting and analyzing enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions that make transportation smarter, safer, and more useful for everyone.
We believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Rating Services Team:
The Rating Services team is responsible for defining, delivering, managing, and supporting the use of all regulated scoring programs associated with Arity’s product portfolio. This area works closely with data scientists, product managers, and individual state department of insurance agencies to support our customers, which include insurance carriers who subscribe to Arity models and rating services.
Our key customer audience is insurance product managers who will leverage the subscription scoring programs you bring to market to improve the value in their existing programs and/or create new solutions for insurance consumer needs.
The Actuarial Senior Consultant is responsible for coordinating, leading, and managing projects in support of scoring programs associated with Arity’s product portfolio utilizing accepted actuarial and statistical standards and methodologies and knowledge gained through on the job training.
The Senior Consultant works closely with their Manager and Product Manager to develop appropriate scoring and product strategies of moderate to high complexity to maximize the customer and enterprise value. If you’re less interested in squaring triangles and more interested in solving business problems around innovative insurance solutions, this role is for you.
- Performs moderate to highly complex actuarial functions
- Uses best practices and traditional statistical/modeling techniques to develop and maintain rating models and other models as necessary
- Determines appropriate analyses to be conducted for projects to make recommendations to achieve corporate goals
- Plans, implements, manages, and/or contributes on projects that are moderate to high complexity and are of moderate scale using accepted project management standards
- Forecasts short-term and long-term deliverables
- Tracks own project timeline and communicates project status
- Ensures project controls are in place throughout the lifecycle of the project within own tasks
- Assesses resource needs including skills and training requirements (when leading project teams)
- Assists in determining where additional resources/expertise may be necessary to successfully complete projects/assignment
- Actively builds strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
- Supports and/or leads development/design of new plans, programs, processes, products up to moderate complexity
- Develops communication strategies and materials to support new programs, processes, products
- Assists in the formulation of strategies to achieve plan objectives; solicits inputs from stakeholders
- Evaluates procedures and processes regularly and determines/ recommends alternatives or improvements
- Contributes to enterprise growth by recommending routine changes to products and scoring and providing expertise in their respective discipline(s)
- Understands and makes observations on market-specific implications of business strategies
- Assures proper execution of regulatory/legislative practices for Arity
- Adheres to internal and external compliance requirements/standards
- Functions as a liaison between data analytics and customers or other areas of responsibility as required based on the projects they are assigned to
- Trains/coaches team members or peers and actively shares expertise with peers
- Analyze data and review analysis from others and identify and resolve basic to moderately complex data issues
- Serves as an internal subject matter expert for their respective discipline(s)
- Leverages understanding of current industry and professional standards/ environment to impact decisions and indicate requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required – preferably in related field of study such as actuarial science, math/applied math, statistics/applied statistics, economics
- 2-5 years of property & casualty pricing experience
- Pursuing actuarial designation and has completed at least four actuarial exams
- Strong knowledge in the use of data sources and applications to conduct research
- Has an understanding of current industry and professional standards/environment to impact decisions and indicate requirements
- Possesses intermediate working knowledge of policies and procedures in management or other technical fields
- Strong Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office; Advanced – Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
- Strong decision-making skills
- Works effectively in a team environment
- ACAS or FCAS credential
- Experience with scripting or programming language a plus (R, Python, etc.)
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
Compensation offered for this role is $99,000.00-$137,250.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
⛔️ Allstate are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Over the past few weeks, I've spoken with lots of actuarial analysts who are pretty anxious about AI.
Being an actuary isn’t the 9-5 job that everyone thinks it is. At some point in your career, you'll probably feel like you're approaching burnout.
Starting a new job can be pretty scary, especially if it's your first actuarial role. But don't worry, we're here to help.