Share this job:
⛔️ AIG are no longer taking applications for this job.
Who we are
Who we are American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance in approximately 70 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets and manage risks. We’re also committed to making a positive difference for our colleagues and in the communities where we work and live. We encourage colleagues to give back to the causes they care most about, supporting these efforts through our Volunteer Time Off and Matching Grants Programs.
Get to know the business
General Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products and services for commercial and personal insurance customers. It includes one of the world’s most far-reaching property casualty networks. General Insurance offers a broad range of products to customers through a diversified, multichannel distribution network.
As an actuary at AIG, you will be challenged and encouraged to reach your greatest potential. Every day will bring new opportunities to stretch your analytical and problem-solving skills as you improve how we predict and mitigate risk. Our Financial Actuaries are on the frontlines, quantifying risk, pricing insurance and reserving losses for AIG’s major regulated and rated insurance operating companies globally. Portfolio Analytics and Pricing Actuaries support AIG’s businesses and are responsible for technical pricing, product development analytics and performance measurement. They collaborate with Marketing, Operations and Financial Management.
We are seeking an actuarial professional with industry expertise to assist with monitoring portfolio performance and advancing our analytics within AIG’s Lexington Contract Bind business. The actuary will help elevate the technical capabilities of the team through dynamic work projects such as profitability studies, planning support, and building out portfolio management and monitoring tools. They will partner with underwriters in assessing the impact of changes in appetite and portfolio mix and partner with claims staff to understand changes in claims handling & trends in the judicial environment.
- Perform and communicate the results of pricing studies of Contract Bind business segments.
- Work closely with underwriting to develop pricing and underwriting strategies and identify pockets of profitable growth opportunities.
- Review underwriting actions impacting loss ratios to assess impact on current and future performance and collaborate with underwriting to identify future underwriting actions.
- Work closely with claims business partners to review claim trends, examine changes in the judicial environment, and quantify impact on loss ratios.
- Work closely with programming to implement rate actions.
- Support the planning process for Contact Bind.
- Assist in the reserve review process.
- Support the business review process and portfolio deep dives.
- Supervise a junior level team member.
- BS in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related area
- ACAS or FCAS
- 5+ years Actuary experience; pricing experience required
- Experience managing other actuaries required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Work well both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SQL required; Experience in R will be helpful
- Strong business and collaboration skills and responsive to service needs and operational demands
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Customer focus
Candidates must be willing to go into the AIG office at one of these locations: New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Georgia
For positions based in NYC, the base salary range is $130,000--$162,000. In addition, the position is eligible for a bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable incentive plan. We’re proud to offer a range of competitive benefits, a summary of which can be viewed here: AIG Benefits Overview.
A look at our Benefits
We're proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most - your health care, savings, financial protection and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family and military needs. For example, our "Giving Back" program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community. Our global mental health and wellness days off provide all colleagues with a paid day off to focus on their mental health and wellbeing.
We also believe in fostering our colleagues' development and offer a range of learning opportunities for colleagues to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. We have a tuition reimbursement program for eligible colleagues to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its policies and procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual orientation.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
⛔️ AIG are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Being an actuary isn’t the 9-5 job that everyone thinks it is. At some point in your career, you'll probably feel like you're approaching burnout.
Starting a new job can be pretty scary, especially if it's your first actuarial role. But don't worry, we're here to help.
Managing a team of actuaries can be difficult. You need the right balance of technical and soft skills to lead a team that’s productive, engaged and motivated.