Legal & General
Share this job:
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
Risk Pricing Analyst
We are looking for a part qualified actuary to join our Group Protection team as a Risk Pricing Analyst. In this role you will support the end-to-end implementation and delivery of pricing processes and procedures, including experience investigations (both mortality & morbidity) and assumption-setting as required.
This exciting new role will be based from our London Office in Moorgate, but will offer hybrid working which will allow you to split your working week flexibly between your home and the office to help achieve a work-life balance which suits you.
- Supporting in the delivery of pricing processes and experience investigation processes to enable delivery of results, projects and recommendations within agreed timescales. This will specifically involve provide support for:
- The pricing of new and existing protection policies.
- Ensuring the pricing process is efficient and robust enough by delivering developments/improvements to the process as necessary.
- The development of our product range, including new distribution deals as required.
- Maintaining good standards of risk control & ensuring that governance processes are adhered to, and any exceptions and/or issues raised are resolved in a timely manner.
- Supporting the development of the systems used for experience investigations and ensuring the end-to-end change process is robust and documented in line with regulatory, statutory and professional requirements.
- Presenting and communicating the results of experience investigation analyses to the wider team, stakeholders and governance committees.
- Understanding the needs of our customers, managing their expectations and working to agreed timescales.
- Motivating and supporting fellow members of the Risk Pricing team.
- A part qualified actuary who is making good progress in the actuarial exams (IFoA or equivalent)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to tailor information to the relevant/intended audience.
- Strong Excel, Access and VBA Skills.
- Previous exposure to experience investigations and/or assumption setting would be highly advantageous.
- Previous experience in Group Protection would be highly advantageous.
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, at least 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice.
We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
Legal & General runs a highly regarded Actuarial Rotations Programme for students, which you will be a part of. The role you are applying to is part of our rotational program, designed to further develop and enhance your skills, and as part of this program you will be expected to rotate in both of our sites in London and Hove.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow. Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands. We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it. At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance. Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Our aim at Legal & General Retail is to help our customers plan for the unexpected, achieve financial security for their tomorrow, and protect everything that’s important to them. To better understand our customers and meet their needs, we’ve brought our protection, retirement income, savings, lending and advice, fintech and mortgage businesses under one umbrella. Created at the start of 2022 through the merging of our long-standing and trusted retail retirement and insurance businesses, we’re a fast-growing division with big, customer-centered ambitions.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation. We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow. We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Being an actuary isn’t the 9-5 job that everyone thinks it is. At some point in your career, you'll probably feel like you're approaching burnout.
Starting a new job can be pretty scary, especially if it's your first actuarial role. But don't worry, we're here to help.
Managing a team of actuaries can be difficult. You need the right balance of technical and soft skills to lead a team that’s productive, engaged and motivated.