Share this job:
⛔️ SCOR are no longer taking applications for this job.
The Pricing Actuary performs pricing and experience analysis for Iberia (Spain, Portugal, Andorra) and occasionally to Latin America markets.
The Pricing Actuary is in charge of all activities as defined in the SGL Pricing Process (cf. ICS) which covers all subprocesses of a deal quotation from data collection inc. experience analysis, assumptions setting, model development and analysis, final quote setting to CART reporting.
At Local layer the pricing activity is customer-focused, developing and delivering work to enhance SCOR’s ability to write profitable new business, and does usually include (a) client services like product development and experience analysis, and (b) often is extended by corporate actuarial, finance/reporting and business development tasks.
Duties to fulfil this role include the following:
- Performing pricing activities providing timely, reliable and consistent quotes incl. risk assessment and process compliance
- Develop local pricing models and benchmarks and adapt it according to the evolutions of global method assuring local consistency
- Support business function on product development (pricing, risk & profitability)
- Provide support to business activities (client visits, presentations, solutions, technical seminar, training, ...)
- Support of Valuation/ Reserving and Finance & Planning functions.
- Contribute to the innovative/strategic projects that will be carried on within the macromarket and/or the knowledge/ global pricing communities.
- Analyzing the clients’ experience within the quotation processes
- Improve the actuarial assumptions for pricing purposes
- Support projects for the development of data pools and client services based on experience analysis
- Provide ongoing financial performance information to the Head of the Region and Macromarket Management, reflecting historic and planned future performance.
- At least 5 years work experience in insurance/reinsurance with a focus on actuarial issues, and significant experience in pricing on the Iberia market. Experience on Latin America markets is a plus.
- Experience with statistical and/or actuarial methods and tools (e.g., SAS, Prophet, Moses, …) but mostly Excel, VBA, Alteryx/Power BI/Tableau, Python/R-Project. It is highly valuable experience on data intelligence
- Very good language skills, fluent in Spanish and English. French and Portuguese knowledge would be appreciated
- Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Communication:Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Technical / Professional Knowledge: Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise through the continuous learning
- Able to work in a small team and support high peak periods, developing and usingcollaborative relationshipsto facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Adaptability:Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Stress Tolerance: Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization with strong sense of priorities.
- University degree in Actuarial Science
- Qualification or equivalency from a recognized actuarial organization required
SCOR, the 4th largest reinsurer in the world, provides insurance companies with a diversified and innovative range of solutions and services to control and manage risk. Leveraging experience and expertise to deliver “The Art & Science of Risk”, SCOR provides cutting-edge financial solutions, analytics tools and services in all areas related to risk – from Life & Health and Property & Casualty insurance to Investments. Our specialized teams operate in over 160 countries, fostering long-term relationships with clients.
In order to provide our clients with a broad range of innovative reinsurance solutions, SCOR pursues an underwriting policy that is founded on profitability and supported by effective risk management strategy and a prudent investment policy. This approach allows us to offer clients an optimum level of security, to create value for shareholders, and to contribute to the welfare and resilience of society by helping to protect insureds against the risks they face.
At SCOR, we believe that employing people from different backgrounds and ensuring inclusivity is a major driving force for the success of the Group. We are committed to fostering a work environment in which all employees are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to SCOR’s success.
⛔️ SCOR are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Being an actuary isn’t the 9-5 job that everyone thinks it is. At some point in your career, you'll probably feel like you're approaching burnout.
Starting a new job can be pretty scary, especially if it's your first actuarial role. But don't worry, we're here to help.
Managing a team of actuaries can be difficult. You need the right balance of technical and soft skills to lead a team that’s productive, engaged and motivated.