Share this job:
⛔️ SCOR are no longer taking applications for this job.
The job holder will be a member of the SGP&C Specialty Insurance Single Risks Pricing team supporting business written by SCOR Business Solutions (SBS) and SCOR Syndicate with particular focus on short tail business. The work includes day to day case pricing, working with Underwriters and the Specialty Insurance Methods and Tools team on developing and maintaining pricing models, providing analyses and management information reports.
- Develop and enhance direct & facultative pricing tools in conjunction with Underwriters, Underwriting Management, CTO and the Methods and Tools team.
- Ensure pricing models are appropriately calibrated and used correctly by Underwriters, including rate change calculation.
- Maintenance of existing pricing tools including technical documentation / specifications / change parameter documentation (including impact analysis).
- Be a core contributor to the long term objective of the Single Risk Pricing Team by helping to implement a more innovative and data driven approach to their pricing processes with pricing model development on two web-based platforms: Underwriting Platform (UP), an internal web-based application designed to be a submission to bind tool for underwriters to write risks, and Renew, a third-party software as a service (SaaS) platform for developing and deploying Python pricing models.
Portfolio analysis, planning and parameterisation:
- Review the profitability of portfolio (deep-dive) by considering combined ratios, rate levels, inflationary effects and class of business mix for Specialty Insurance and legal entities
- Development and maintenance of dashboards and various management information.
- Provide insights through market analysis and trend reports to management and other relevant functions including finance, reserving, risk management, financial modelling and external reporting.
Projects & Consulting:
- Provide actuarial consulting during exploration of new projects.
- Assist with on-going underwriting projects (developing pricing requirements, systems testing, etc.) or any other ad-hoc projects.
Pricing key individual accounts:
- Review, analyse or price individual property single-risk accounts typically with complex features or high premium.
- Provide assistance to Portfolios Team during busy periods (such as the 01-Jan renewal season) by pricing binder accounts.
- Ensure that all accounts priced adheres to appropriate pricing peer review process as defined in Specialty Insurance Pricing Guidelines.
- Regular monitoring and feedback of Underwriter Adjustments, plus pricing strength (adequacy) against the long-term profitability targets.
- Any other ad-hoc reporting requirements.
Required experience & competencies
- Pricing experience in P&C insurance with recent Lloyd’s / London Market experience is desirable but not compulsory.
- Working knowledge of capital modelling and reserving processes and techniques
- Strong analytical skills and ability to manipulate or handle large datasets
- Experience using R, Python, R-Shiny, or any other programming languages in commercial environment
- Effective communication and collaboration skills with excellent interpersonal verbal and written skills that enables the candidate to communicate with colleagues from non-actuarial team
- Stays up to date with new/emerging knowledge in actuarial pricing as well as in respect of major market and underwriting related issues.
- Has a commercial outlook but with a principled stand where required and contributes to create viable and innovative solutions that outperform competitors and differentiates SCOR.
Required Education and Qualifications
- Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, other scientific discipline (statistics, physics, etc.), or Finance
- Part qualified / student actuary from a recognised actuarial organisation
SCOR, the 4th largest reinsurer in the world, provides insurance companies with a diversified and innovative range of solutions and services to control and manage risk. Leveraging experience and expertise to deliver “The Art & Science of Risk”, SCOR provides cutting-edge financial solutions, analytics tools and services in all areas related to risk – from Life & Health and Property & Casualty insurance to Investments. Our specialized teams operate in over 160 countries, fostering long-term relationships with clients.
In order to provide our clients with a broad range of innovative reinsurance solutions, SCOR pursues an underwriting policy that is founded on profitability and supported by effective risk management strategy and a prudent investment policy. This approach allows us to offer clients an optimum level of security, to create value for shareholders, and to contribute to the welfare and resilience of society by helping to protect insureds against the risks they face.
At SCOR, we believe that employing people from different backgrounds and ensuring inclusivity is a major driving force for the success of the Group. We are committed to fostering a work environment in which all employees are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to SCOR’s success.
⛔️ SCOR are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Starting a new job can be pretty scary, especially if it's your first actuarial role. But don't worry, we're here to help.
Managing a team of actuaries can be difficult. You need the right balance of technical and soft skills to lead a team that’s productive, engaged and motivated.
Actuary Exam Bot was an AI tool that I launched in January 2023 to help trainee actuaries study and revise for exams.