Legal & General
Share this job:
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
Actuarial Technical Lead
Your role at a glance
We have a great opportunity for a Qualified Actuary to join us as an Actuarial Technical Lead. As an `ATL' you will deliver changes to the Prophet models and associated tools owned by the Actuarial & Finance Solution (AFS) to be compliant with IFRS17 requirements.
You will be dedicated to a number of projects and have responsibility for the ongoing maintenance of some of the tools and models owned by the team. This role is principally related to changes to the Prophet and DCS models, and their associated tools.
We are looking for an individual with strong technical skill, who will work as part of a friendly and sociable team, to deliver high quality change within a strict governance framework.
This role is a hybrid working opportunity, that will allow you to work effectively between both your home and from our Hove Offices.
What you'll be doing
- Implementing development changes as identified in line with the agreed work package plan (covering both technical and documentation changes).
- Completing all testing activities as defined in the project plan, and ensuring that all test preparation documentation is completed before undertaking testing.
- Preparing all project and test documentation (unit / system / integration) ensuring it is complete, accurate and adheres to current best practice standards and L&G's development standards and methodology.
- Actively planning the delivery for project work for both yourself and the developers on the project.
- Actively managing your own time and workload and to escalate issues and risks of likely deviation from the agreed plan at the earliest opportunity to the Project Manager and the Actuarial Change Lead and agree options for resolution.
- Actively engaging in managing the delivery of the change, including working with the project manager, the business stakeholders and the Actuarial & Finance Solution (AFS).
What we're looking for
- Knowledge/experience of Prophet Development (DCS included) and other actuarial modelling software.
- Knowledge of/exposure to; a range of reporting metrics (preferably including IFRS17), Annuities and life insurance, the UK Finance sector, Actuarial Finance systems and processes.
- Strong knowledge of model development within a large life insurer (highly preferable
- Experience of managing work for several developers to deliver change.
- Experience of Prophet development within a well governed environment.
- Experience of wider actuarial development (DCS, SQL, R etc).
- Ability to produce documentation of development and testing.
- Good communication, personal planning and organisation skills.
- Ability to show initiative when applying problem solving and analytical skills.
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 27 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You'll receive a car allowance of 12% of your annual salary, and you can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow. Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet. We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Helping over ten million people around the world manage their savings, retirement plans and life insurance requires a lot of people behind-the-scenes. It’s up to us in L&G Group functions – which includes our tech and digital teams, Group Finance, HR, Risk and Corporate Comms to provide the essential support services that all areas of the business need, here in the UK and overseas. Simply put, we enable everyone at Legal & General to do what they do best. That means we’re helping to improve our customers’ lives, and contributing to the success of the business every day.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Starting a new job can be pretty scary, especially if it's your first actuarial role. But don't worry, we're here to help.
Managing a team of actuaries can be difficult. You need the right balance of technical and soft skills to lead a team that’s productive, engaged and motivated.
Actuary Exam Bot was an AI tool that I launched in January 2023 to help trainee actuaries study and revise for exams.