Share this job:
⛔️ SCOR are no longer taking applications for this job.
Actuarial Analyst (Experience Analysis)
This position is part of the US Experience Analysis department, which produces experience studies and analysis using internal and external data. A key goal of the department’s work is to identify and share key findings and insights about claims and persistency experience, which may result in updates to best estimate assumptions or support other organizational needs.
This position exists to help evaluate data from life reinsurance customers, as well as from the company’s own data, in order to analyze mortality and/or lapse experience for use in research and developing new best estimate assumptions. A key aspect of this position is to work closely with other team members as the team analyses experience data to understand the drivers for SCOR’s claims. These findings are then communicated to key company stakeholders so that the learnings can be reflected in business decisions and future assumptions. The position may also assist in building/modifying/implementing predictive models to assist in understanding our data and claims experience.
- Analyze seriatim and other data in mortality and lapse studies
- Perform regular inspection and maintenance of data supporting these studies
- Optimize the process and tools used for analysis of these studies
- Maintain a procedure for ensuring the accuracy of studies and summaries used in analysis
- Create and maintain SQL code for performing mortality and lapse studies on seriatim policy listings
- Create user-friendly extracts from mortality and lapse studies
- Analyze mortality and lapse study results and assess their usefulness for pricing and inforce modeling
- Help recommend assumptions for use in pricing and best estimate liability modeling
- Analyze product, underwriting, or other company information for any influences on mortality, historical and prospective
- Build, modify, and/or implement predictive models for estimating/forecasting mortality
- Other tasks as needed to accomplish the goals of the Experience Analysis department
- Duties in support of other actuarial functions of the company, as required
- High level of computer literacy
- Strong skills in MS Office
- At least 1 to 3 years of actuarial experience
- Ability to learn MS Access, SQL
- Ability to learn SAS, R, and/or Python
- Solid mathematical analysis skills with strong problem solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated/self-starter
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Regular attendance and ability to work extended hours as necessary to meet deadlines
- Further regular progress towards the Educational Requirements for membership in the Society of Actuaries will be expected
- Creativity/Innovation - Proposes/develops new solutions and new functioning modes.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and analyses issues, proposes and rolls out relevant solutions after appropriate approvals.
- Team Building – ability to work together with peers and independently
- Communication - Knows how and when to develop/sustain a message and/or an idea (speaking and writing), uses the right tools to present information.
- Resilience - Demonstrates an ability to step back when facing difficult situations and to bounce back after a failure.
- Decision Making - Makes decisions and/or rolls out the decisions taking into account all available information.
- Accountability - Alerts, raises the critical points when needed, shoulders and corrects his/her decisions and shows responsibility regarding cost management.
- Reliability - Checks his/her work, challenges the solution before submitting it on time and identifies/corrects the mistakes if needed.
- Commitment - Makes effort to bring his/her skills and uses his/her expertise to contribute to the success of the Group.
- Open Mindedness - Is interested in projects and activities beyond his/her classical scope.
- Curiosity - Demonstrates an appetite for learning and developing his/her-self in his/her field of expertise, can develop new practices and methods in relation with his/her day-to-day work
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Economics or Mathematics
- Minimum of two SOA exams passed
SCOR, the 4th largest reinsurer in the world, provides insurance companies with a diversified and innovative range of solutions and services to control and manage risk. Leveraging experience and expertise to deliver “The Art & Science of Risk”, SCOR provides cutting-edge financial solutions, analytics tools and services in all areas related to risk – from Life & Health and Property & Casualty insurance to Investments. Our specialized teams operate in over 160 countries, fostering long-term relationships with clients.
In order to provide our clients with a broad range of innovative reinsurance solutions, SCOR pursues an underwriting policy that is founded on profitability and supported by effective risk management strategy and a prudent investment policy. This approach allows us to offer clients an optimum level of security, to create value for shareholders, and to contribute to the welfare and resilience of society by helping to protect insureds against the risks they face.
At SCOR, we believe that employing people from different backgrounds and ensuring inclusivity is a major driving force for the success of the Group. We are committed to fostering a work environment in which all employees are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to SCOR’s success.
⛔️ SCOR are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Starting a new job can be pretty scary, especially if it's your first actuarial role. But don't worry, we're here to help.
Managing a team of actuaries can be difficult. You need the right balance of technical and soft skills to lead a team that’s productive, engaged and motivated.
Actuary Exam Bot was an AI tool that I launched in January 2023 to help trainee actuaries study and revise for exams.