Share this job:
⛔️ Aon are no longer taking applications for this job.
Aon is looking for an Actuary Analyst to Actuary Director with our Reinsurance Solutions group
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Aon Reinsurance Solutions business group. Preference for the position is hybrid near any Aon office, where hybrid is in-office 2-3 days a week. Entirely remote is possible under the right circumstances.
Work Style: Remote or Hybrid depending on location and experience.
Keys to this role: Strong programing skills with R and Python.
Your Impact as an Actuary
Primary role is to support clients as requested by supervisor or brokers, across virtually any client project or internal research assignment. You will become familiar with Aon’s tools and approach, contribute to their development, and present Aon’s solutions and services to our clients. Directors are expected to manage junior colleagues in completing standard actuarial analyses, be hands on with more advanced analyses, and create value-added analytics. You should have an aptitude for problem solving, be able to manage multiple project deadlines at once, and be able to effectively communicate the results of your analyses to clients and brokers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze the costs and benefits of risk transferred under reinsurance agreements via pricing analysis and dynamic risk modeling for large accounts. Oversee analysts doing the same for small to medium sized accounts.
- Take ownership and responsibility for quality, accuracy, and timely completion of analysis.
- Understand reinsurance contracts and products (terminology, terms, and conditions).
- Take initiative on client service projects to improve processes, products, or services.
- Develop bespoke analyses, visualizations, and dashboards to explain analytics to actuaries, account specialists, and clients.
- Create ideas for future innovation.
- Work with colleagues across service teams (brokers, analytics, and others) to identify and respond to client needs.
- Develop strong relationships with other analytics and broker colleagues.
- Provide mentorship to junior colleagues on experience & exposure methods, as well as communication of their results.
- Design the narrative & structure for client presentations to communicate analysis results to brokers and clients.
- Communicate appropriately to both actuaries and non-actuaries via written and verbal mediums.
- Be the client facing actuary on small to medium sized accounts. Provide effective content on larger accounts.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience in a Property and Casualty actuarial role – Director
- 5+ years of experience in a Property and Casualty actuarial role – Associate Director
- 3+ years of experience in a Property and Casualty actuarial role - Analyst
- Proficiency in a programming language, e.g., R / Python / C / Java
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Reinsurance and/or consulting experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and in team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to identify and resolve problems, think creatively, strategically, and analytically
- Strong ability to understand and perform mathematical and statistical calculations
- Dynamic Financial Analysis or Economic Capital Modeling experience a plus
MINIMUM EDUCATIONBachelor’s degree required.
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognize that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, domestic partner status, or other legally protected status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer. People with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The salary range for this position is $80,000 to $150,000 annually. The actual salary will vary based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. The salary may also be adjusted based on applicant’s geographic location.
This position is eligible to participate in one of Aon’s annual incentive plans to receive an annual discretionary bonus in addition to base salary. The amount of any bonus varies and is subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable incentive plan.
Aon offers a comprehensive package of benefits for full-time and regular part-time colleagues, including, but not limited to: a 401(k) savings plan with employer contributions; an employee stock purchase plan; consideration for long-term incentive awards at Aon’s discretion; medical, dental and vision insurance, various types of leaves of absence, paid time off, including 12 paid holidays throughout the calendar year, 15 days of paid vacation per year, paid sick leave as provided under state and local paid sick leave laws, short-term disability and optional long-term disability, health savings account, health care and dependent care reimbursement accounts,employee and dependent life insurance and supplemental life and AD&D insurance; optional personal insurance policies, adoption assistance, tuition assistance, commuter benefits, and an employee assistance program that includes free counseling sessions. Eligibility for benefits is governed by the applicable plan documents and policies.
⛔️ Aon are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Starting a new job can be pretty scary, especially if it's your first actuarial role. But don't worry, we're here to help.
Managing a team of actuaries can be difficult. You need the right balance of technical and soft skills to lead a team that’s productive, engaged and motivated.
Actuary Exam Bot was an AI tool that I launched in January 2023 to help trainee actuaries study and revise for exams.