Legal & General
Share this job:
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
Your role at a glance
We have an exciting opportunity available for someone to join the Individual Annuity Pricing team in Legal & General Retail Retirement (LGR) as a Pricing Technician
In this role, you will be joining the team who are responsible for setting Individual Annuity rates within the market and ensuring that the division meets its business goals.
You will assist, under the guidance of more senior team members, a range of pricing tasks to support the team. This will include supporting with the production of pricing rates, regular MI, monitoring business performance and working to resolve technical queries.
If you consider yourself to be well organised, with good time management skills this could be the role for you. You will also need to be collaborative and supportive in nature to help support the wider team on an ad-hoc basis as and when required.
This is a hybrid working opportunity, which means you can split your working week flexibly between your home and our London office in Moorgate to help achieve a work-life balance which suits you.
What you'll be doing
- Carrying out calculations in response to rate change mapping and producing relevant analysis and MI within appropriate timescales.
- Monitoring L&G’s competitive position with key distribution partners and in the wider market.
- Monitoring L&G’s Retail Annuity product profitability on a regular basis and communicating the position to senior management.
- Supporting the implementation of Retail Annuity rate changes and carrying out related activities as required.
- Supporting the wider team as required with ad-hoc queries and running regular processes.
- Suggesting and implementing process improvements, controls, and maintaining relevant documentation.
What we're looking for
- A 2:1 Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or another related numerate discipline, or similar experience.
- Previous professional financial experience is highly advantageous
- A basic knowledge of LGR products and pricing principles.
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Office, with basic VBA/SQL/Python/R knowledge preferred.
- A good knowledge of processing data and producing Management Information.
- Strong personal planning and organisation skills, with the ability to take ownership and responsibility for work and processes, and deliver these to tight timescales.
- Ability to question results for reasonableness and refer to more experienced staff where appropriate.
- Initiative in applying problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly with stakeholders both within and outside the team.
- Ability to draft and maintain process documentation.
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, at least 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Life can sometimes be unpredictable, and it pays to plan ahead. Our aim at Legal & General Retail is to help our customers plan for the unexpected, achieve financial security for their tomorrow, and protect everything that’s important to them. To better understand our customers and meet their needs, we’ve brought our protection, retirement income, savings, lending and advice, fintech and mortgage businesses under one umbrella. Created at the start of 2022 through the merging of our long-standing and trusted retail retirement and insurance businesses, we’re a fast-growing division with big, customer-centered ambitions.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Starting a new job can be pretty scary, especially if it's your first actuarial role. But don't worry, we're here to help.
Managing a team of actuaries can be difficult. You need the right balance of technical and soft skills to lead a team that’s productive, engaged and motivated.
Actuary Exam Bot was an AI tool that I launched in January 2023 to help trainee actuaries study and revise for exams.