Legal & General
Share this job:
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
Modelling Analyst (Market & Credit Risk)
Your role at a glance
We have a great opportunity for a part-qualified Actuary to join the Risk Modelling Team within our Retirement Division as a Market & Credit Risk Modelling Analyst.
As a Market & Credit Risk Analyst you will support the design, implementation, maintenance and operation of both market and credit risk components of the Solvency II Capital Model.
This would be an ideal role for someone with existing knowledge of market risk modelling theories and methods (such as stochastic modelling) and/or model development through the use of coding (preferably R or VBA)
This is a hybrid working opportunity based from our London Offices in Moorgate. Which is where you will be based when on-site.
What you'll be doing
- Supporting on market and credit risk components of the Solvency II capital model, including both the asset exposure and liability side exposure via matching adjustment.
- Assisting in the design and implementation of updates and replacements to L&G’s market and credit risk models including appropriate capital model treatments for new asset classes and structures.
- Identifying opportunities to streamline and automate processes where possible.
- Hands on coding of model improvements/developments (in R, Access, Excel or VBA).
- Supporting with routine aspects of the regular market and credit risk calibrations for use in reporting processes including validation and controls in line with Group policies.
- Communicating and explaining approaches to market and credit risk modelling. Including diagnosing and explaining calibration and capital movements.
- Producing market data for financial reporting and other purposes. Ensuring customer needs for market data are met.
- Maintaining and updating market and credit risk documentation as required.
What we're looking for
- Part-Qualified Actuary, who is making good progress through the IFoA Exams.
- Knowledge of market risk modelling theories and methods, including stochastic modelling techniques would be highly preferable
- Knowledge/understanding of capital modelling methodologies for the insurance industry (especially life insurance), UK Life Industry products and assets (especially annuities and fixed interest assets)
- Financial model development including coding (eg in R, VBA etc.)
- Ability to communicate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ensuring all customers/stakeholders receive an exceptional level of service.
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, at least 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
Legal & General runs a highly regarded Actuarial Rotations Programme for students, which you will be a part of. The role you are applying to is part of our rotational program, designed to further develop and enhance your skills, and as part of this program you will be expected to rotate in both of our sites in London and Hove.
For internal candidates, please note that your application will be shared with the L&G Chief Tutor. This is your name only and for rotation purposes.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow. Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Securing pensions over the long term can be a challenge for many businesses. Our ambition at Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is to help companies and pension scheme trustees honour their defined benefit pension promises to their employees. We’re helping companies settle their pension liabilities so they can focus on growing their businesses, as well as helping to support their members’ financial security in retirement. And we’re investing for the long term to back our pension promises.
In the last 30 years we’ve written more UK business than any other insurer, and we currently look after more than half a million pension policyholders. We're the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider, and a market-leading, multi-award winning business.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Managing a team of actuaries can be difficult. You need the right balance of technical and soft skills to lead a team that’s productive, engaged and motivated.
Actuary Exam Bot was an AI tool that I launched in January 2023 to help trainee actuaries study and revise for exams.
The actuarial profession is growing quickly and competition for jobs is high.