Legal & General
Share this job:
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
Group Capital Manager
Your role at a glance
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Qualified Actuary to join our Capital Aggregation Team as a Group Capital Manager here at L&G.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the complete, accurate and timely delivery of the Solvency II reporting metrics for Group Holding Companies and the LACoDT calculation.
You will also act as a subject matter expert for the Group Internal Model, including co-ordinating activity required for the oversight, development and operation of the L&G Internal Model to ensure that the output of the model is fit-for-purpose.
This is a Hybrid working opportunity that will allow you to split your time between our London Offices in Moorgate and home.
What you'll be doing
- Managing the timely delivery of Solvency II financial reporting results for the Group Holding Companies (including monthly estimates, quarterly QRTs and external disclosures), the quarterly calculation of LACoDT and the preparation of the Group Holding Companies annual plan.
- Managing work required to complete the annual assessment of internal model drift, the internal model development plan, and any major model change applications, as well as other activities to support the oversight, development and operation of the Internal Model.
- Preparing reports to communicate results and recommendations to senior management and committees and ensuring they meet the required standard
- Managing the development, support and maintenance of the team’s financial reporting systems, processes and reporting methodologies, ensuring they are robust, incorporating process change as required for the ongoing production of the financial results with a view of continuous performance improvement.
- Proactively managing and developing relationships with the relevant stakeholders, including providing expert analysis to Prudential Risk.
- Managing the presentation and dissemination of results for efficient review by the business, incorporating supporting analysis and commentary for all reporting metrics. Ensuring any limitations in their deliveries are understood and documented in terms of timeliness and quality, referencing the key dependencies on this service for the reporting cycle to inform decision making.
- Assisting in the management of the Group Capital Aggregation team activities through all planning phases by effectively prioritising and scheduling the team’s reporting activities, meeting the needs of all customers to ensure the team is delivering to the required standards.
- Complying with the relevant Group and Professional Standards – for example L&G Spreadsheet Standards, L&G Group Policies and Technical Actuarial Standards to ensure we are compliant.
What we're looking for
- A Newly Qualified or Qualified Actuary (FIA/FFA, or equivalent) with experience working in a Life company or equivalent.
- Detailed understanding of SII Principles and how they apply in practice.
- Knowledge of actuarial liability reporting and analysis across various metrics and ability to identify likely relative movements across these metrics.
- Detailed understanding of financial and insurance risk management.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences in writing and verbally in a compelling manner.
- Knowledge of analysis of change principles.
- Data Analysis skills, with the ability to apply financial analysis techniques and draw conclusions from that analysis.
- Problem solving skills, with the ability to apply fresh and creative thinking and to develop new strategies.
- A pragmatic approach and the ability to make sound judgements and appropriate decisions with limited information.
- The ability to stay on top of the latest information and instructions and act upon them accordingly
- Experience of modelling and proficient in the use of Excel and Word.
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 27 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You'll receive a car allowance of 12% of your annual salary, and you can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow. Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Humanity is facing fundamental challenges, with the future of our planet hanging in the balance. As the principal investment arm of the Legal & General Group, our aim at Legal & General Capital is to generate long-term shareholder value, while helping build a better society. We seek opportunities to invest in sectors most in need of investment and innovation, such as residential housing, large-scale urban regeneration and future cities.
We’re backing investment in infrastructure and clean energy, and in start-up businesses to drive innovation and growth across the UK. We’re building partnerships between the public sector and institutional investors to accelerate housing delivery, create jobs, support local businesses and transform communities. This helps to create new asset classes for Legal & General’s varied investment requirements, our partners and the wider marketplace.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Managing a team of actuaries can be difficult. You need the right balance of technical and soft skills to lead a team that’s productive, engaged and motivated.
Actuary Exam Bot was an AI tool that I launched in January 2023 to help trainee actuaries study and revise for exams.
The actuarial profession is growing quickly and competition for jobs is high.