Legal & General
Share this job:
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
Your role at a glance
We have a fantastic opportunity for a part-qualified actuary to join us as a Business Solutions Analyst.
As a Business Solutions Analyst you will be an active and productive member of the Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) team and help the business to achieve their targets. You will do this by analysing the financial impact of reinsurance structures on the existing annuity book and new business pricing, this analysis will then feed into the design and presentation of solutions and supporting governance processes.
This is a hybrid working opportunity, that will allow you to work from home and also from our London Offices in Moorgate.
What you'll be doing
- Supporting the Business Solution Directors and Managers in the execution, governance and analysis of L&G’s reinsurance contracts by providing material for governance papers, working with the reinsurer to obtain pricing, assessing the pricing, and calculating the IFRS and Solvency financial impacts.
- Providing analysis of structural solutions to help manage L&G’s risk position.
- Supporting the development of new structures, collateral arrangements, security agreements, within LGRI by creating and maintaining models required to accurately assess their impact on IFRS and Solvency II metrics.
- Supporting the Directors and Managers in ensuring that new reinsurance transactions are effectively handed over to the PRT Business Services team upon completion.
- Supporting the Managers in producing some of our regular MI around reinsurance deals and exposure to reinsurers.
- Working as part of the LGRI team to support it to achieve its targets in terms of capital usage, premium volume and margin by providing quantitative and qualitative analysis on initiatives feeding into structural development and approval process.
- Supporting the development and implementation of strategies for LGRI by providing quantitative and qualitative analysis on initiatives feeding in to structural development and approval process.
What we're looking for
- Student Actuary who is making good progress through the IFoA Exams.
- A strong communicator with the ability to communicate to colleagues and stakeholders in an appropriate manner at all levels.
- A self starter, who is willing to get involved with a variety of tasks and/or projects, and will not be phased by the varying, dynamic nature of the work.
- In depth knowledge of the annuity insurance and reinsurance business and how it interrelates with the rest of the Group.
- Good understanding/experience of capital modelling under Solvency II.
- Knowledge of pension regulation and its application to pension buyouts and longevity insurance.
- Basic knowledge of the relevant statutory and regulatory regime applicable to the Group’s businesses and its corporate governance.
- Previous experience as an Analyst; for example in pricing PRT schemes at another insurer or working within a pensions consultancy or brokerage environment would be highly advantageous.
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, at least 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
Legal & General runs a highly regarded Actuarial Rotations Programme for students, which you will be a part of. The role you are applying to is part of our rotational program, designed to further develop and enhance your skills, and as part of this program you will be expected to rotate in both of our sites in London and Hove.
For internal candidates, please note that your application will be shared with the L&G Chief Tutor. This is your name only and for rotation purposes.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Securing pensions over the long term can be a challenge for many businesses. Our ambition at Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is to help companies and pension scheme trustees honour their defined benefit pension promises to their employees. We’re helping companies settle their pension liabilities so they can focus on growing their businesses, as well as helping to support their members’ financial security in retirement. And we’re investing for the long term to back our pension promises. In the last 30 years we’ve written more UK business than any other insurer, and we currently look after more than half a million pension policyholders. We're the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider, and a market-leading, multi-award winning business.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Managing a team of actuaries can be difficult. You need the right balance of technical and soft skills to lead a team that’s productive, engaged and motivated.
Actuary Exam Bot was an AI tool that I launched in January 2023 to help trainee actuaries study and revise for exams.
The actuarial profession is growing quickly and competition for jobs is high.