Share this job:
⛔️ SCOR are no longer taking applications for this job.
Senior Valuation Actuary
In this exciting and fast-paced role you will be working across SCOR’s 4 growing APAC Macro Markets (China / North Asia / South Asia / ANZ) which cover 9 offices writing business in 30 countries.
Supporting the Head of Life & Health (L&H) Actuarial, APAC in the management of all L&H group reserving activities with a key focus on IFRS4, IFRS17, Solvency II, Singapore statutory reporting and reviewing the experience analysis. You will also be involved in capital management initiatives (including liaising closely with Pricing teams on the capital implications of new deals) & in-force management. You will have a high degree of responsibility and autonomy whilst undertaking and leading key projects within the team.
About the Department: APAC Actuarial
The APAC Actuarial team is based in SCOR’s offices in Singapore, Sydney, Beijing and Seoul, and covers both Life & Health and Property & Casualty business. This includes business written in 30 countries and 13 legal entities in the region. We are a diverse and engaged team, providing expert actuarial analysis and insight for our stakeholders. The department is lead by the Chief Reserving Actuary for Asia Pacific.
- Provide oversight of the production of L&H reserves for Group results (IFRS 4, IFRS 17, SII) each quarter, participating in the landing process and ensuring the results are robust.
- Provide value adding insight on the drivers of financial performance, movements in IFRS and SII results, experience emergence, and recommendations for management actions.
- Support to build the actuarial narrative on L&H business to support FP&A teams.
- Provide support on the annual assumption update process, reviewing the experience analysis produced by the business and leveraging the analysis to set the best estimate assumptions, working in conjunction with the other APAC L&H actuarial team leaders.
- Work closely with APAC L&H actuarial teams on issues of methodology, appropriate techniques, and expert judgement.
- Help to lead the external audits and relationships with local auditors in relation to actuarial topics
- Support the standardisation and continuous improvement of reserving processes, analyses and controls across the APAC L&H actuarial teams.
- Support the Appointed Actuary for the Singapore Branch
- Work on all tasks related to the Singapore statutory reporting for the Singapore branch / the Korea branch of SRAP, producing quarterly and annual RBC2 results, Industry Wide Stress Testing, and supplying stress tests & analysis for the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment
- Work with the Capital Management team to provide accurate insurance risks forecasts to manage capital within the comfort range for these entities
- Liaise closely with Pricing teams on the capital and reserving implications of new deals for these entities
- Support the Head of L&H Actuarial, APAC in being the primary point of contact for the Corporate Actuarial and Group Actuarial teams on all Life & Health matters in the region
- Communication of actuarial issues to other Finance teams in the context of earnings, capital, liquidity, etc.
- Work closely with other teams within APAC, including the L&H business unit, colleagues in the wider Finance team, Pricing, and Risk management, to share common knowledge and common purpose.
- Qualified Actuary (FSA, FIA, or FIAA)
- Relevant experience in a life insurance/reinsurance business
- Deep experience of at least one of: IFRS4, IFRS17, Solvency II, experience analysis, or local statutory reporting in an APAC market (SG RBC2 is advantageous but not required)
- Experience of management - either small teams or individual projects
- Enjoys working at pace, in a close-knit team
- Demonstrates curiosity and enthusiasm for continuous improvement
- Proactive, organized and adept at stakeholder management
- Strong technical skill set
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Creates a supportive environment – both when coaching junior members within the team and when guiding and supporting the macro market valuation teams, as well as working with other teams and colleagues
- Interest in career and skill development
- Able to provide effective challenge to senior managers
SCOR, the 4th largest reinsurer in the world, provides insurance companies with a diversified and innovative range of solutions and services to control and manage risk. Leveraging experience and expertise to deliver “The Art & Science of Risk”, SCOR provides cutting-edge financial solutions, analytics tools and services in all areas related to risk – from Life & Health and Property & Casualty insurance to Investments. Our specialized teams operate in over 160 countries, fostering long-term relationships with clients.
In order to provide our clients with a broad range of innovative reinsurance solutions, SCOR pursues an underwriting policy that is founded on profitability and supported by effective risk management strategy and a prudent investment policy. This approach allows us to offer clients an optimum level of security, to create value for shareholders, and to contribute to the welfare and resilience of society by helping to protect insureds against the risks they face.
At SCOR, we believe that employing people from different backgrounds and ensuring inclusivity is a major driving force for the success of the Group. We are committed to fostering a work environment in which all employees are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to SCOR’s success.
⛔️ SCOR are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Actuary Exam Bot was an AI tool that I launched in January 2023 to help trainee actuaries study and revise for exams.
The actuarial profession is growing quickly and competition for jobs is high.
Recruiters can be a valuable tool for finding actuarial jobs. Let's discuss what recruiters can do for you, things to look out for and how to make the most of recruiters to find your next actuarial job.