Legal & General
Share this job:
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
L&G Re is the Global Reinsurance Hub of Legal & General Group Plc. (“Group”) and a global reinsurer of the pension risk transfer (“PRT”) business.
As a Financial Reporting Actuary you will perform financial management and reporting of annuity and longevity reinsurance business for L&G Re, L&G Retirement (“LGR”), Group and the Bermuda Monetary Authority (“BMA”).
We are seeking a Fully Qualified Life Actuary with recent, demonstrable reporting experience for this Bermuda based role.
What you'll be doing
- Performing, reviewing and challenging the financial reporting for L&G Re. Actuarial reporting includes IFRS, Solvency II, and Local Economic Balance Sheet (“EBS”).
- Working with Group Divisions to develop and maintain the reporting capabilities and solutions to support the international development and growth ambitions of L&G Re.
- Assisting with the onboarding of internal and external new business including reconciliation of reporting financial metrics against those produced by the L&G Re pricing team.
- Preparing reports and analyses for review by the Head of Actuarial Reporting and the Chief Actuary as well as assisting in reviewing financial reporting output.
- Taking ownership of utilizing technology to improve efficiency, controls and depths of analysis.
- Developing the business plan financial projection capabilities and delivering production of results on an annual basis in line with the requirements set out by the L&G Re Board, LGR and L&G Group.
- Preparing reports and analyses for review by the Chief Actuary, L&G Re Board and L&G wider committees as necessary.
- Providing actuarial support for L&G Re ad-hoc investigations and strategic projects.
- Delivering effective written and verbal communication, including report writing and presenting, to relevant parties to support effective decision making and manage the smooth and integrated delivery of business objectives.
- Developing and coaching others on the team that you work with, to achieve and maintain optimal employee engagement.
- Developing and maintaining highly collaborative and effective relationships at all levels within the organization, as well as externally.
- Actively promoting L&G Re’s culture of ownership across the organization and be a role model for L&G behaviours of Straightforward, Collaborative and Purposeful.
- Carrying out duties with integrity and diligence, ensuring that appropriate professional standards are maintained, that the reporting deadlines are met, that records are maintained appropriately and that the actuarial processes are fit for purpose and meet internal and regulatory requirements.
What we're looking for
- Fully Qualified Life Actuary.
- A minimum of five years of recent reporting actuarial experience, with demonstrated deep technical understanding of IFRS and Solvency II balance sheet frameworks.
- Experience/knowledge of the Bermuda Economic Balance Sheet (“EBS”) framework is an asset.
- Experience and demonstrated understanding of individual and bulk purchase annuity business and longevity swaps is required, with experience in the UK and/or Canadian market strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, apply, interpret, and effectively communicate technical aspects of complex financial information, such as external regulatory reporting and capital and solvency requirements and IFRS reporting.
- Demonstrated understanding of compliance standards for actuarial reporting, with the proven ability to identify key issues and design and implement efficient, robust and effective actuarial processes and controls.
- A proven track record of excellent relationship management at all levels throughout an organization, as well as internal stakeholder management in a global organization.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently, as well as part of a team, and apply sound judgement and pragmatism in order to achieve business aims.
- Ability to take a balanced view on a range of actuarial and commercial matters, taking on board the views of others and weighing potential risks, combined with the personal confidence to back own judgment.
- A deep commercial awareness and a good understanding of the wider business, as well as the economic, market and regulatory environment in which L&G Re operates.
- Must be organized, highly efficient and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment, with the ability to work overtime to meet deadlines.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, dependants' pensions, generous holiday allowance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
For nearly 200 years we have provided financial services to customers across the UK, and now the US. As one of Europe’s largest insurance and asset management groups, with over £1 trillion in assets, we are experts in safeguarding people’s financial futures. Our ambitions are underpinned by five strong businesses, each of which is innovating and expanding globally, adding new products and solutions to their strategic goals. We aim to be leaders in four key areas: retirement, investment management, capital investment and insurance. Our businesses work together to deliver on our purpose and to drive synergies across the Group.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Actuary Exam Bot was an AI tool that I launched in January 2023 to help trainee actuaries study and revise for exams.
The actuarial profession is growing quickly and competition for jobs is high.
Recruiters can be a valuable tool for finding actuarial jobs. Let's discuss what recruiters can do for you, things to look out for and how to make the most of recruiters to find your next actuarial job.