Legal & General
Share this job:
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
Your role at a glance
L&G Re is the Global Reinsurance Hub of Legal & General Group Plc (“Group”) and a global reinsurer of pension risk transfer (“PRT”) business.
We are seeking a Fully Qualified Actuary with recent, demonstrable pricing experience for this Bermuda based role.
As a Pricing Actuary you will actively support the pricing of all pension risk transfer, annuity, longevity, and protection/mortality reinsurance business opportunities.
What you'll be doing
- Supporting the pricing of all pension risk transfer, annuity, longevity, and protection/mortality reinsurance business opportunities.
- Supporting pricing systems and processes including the review of existing systems and the development and implementation of new ones.
- Supporting the team with the writing of Committee and Board papers.
- Supporting key relationships with clients, prospects and retrocessionaires in all territories.
- Providing actuarial support to other areas of the business, including contributing to business planning reporting and ad hoc business requests and projects.
- Supporting the structuring of reinsurance contracts, ensuring they are consistent with all legal, tax, operational and regulatory requirements.
- Developing and maintaining highly collaborative and effective working relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Running and maintaining reinsurance contract administration systems and processes to reconcile and process regular client reinsurance premiums and claims for clients.
- Actively promoting L&G Re’s culture of ownership across the organization and be a role model for L&G behaviours of Straightforward, Collaborative and Purposeful.
- Carrying out duties with integrity, purpose and diligence, ensuring that appropriate professional standards are maintained, that the pricing requirements and deadlines are met, that records are maintained appropriately and that the actuarial processes are fit for purpose and meet internal and regulatory requirements.
What we're looking for
- Qualified Actuary with previous experience in Life Insurance, Reinsurance or Pensions Consultancy.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, including pricing pension risk transfer, life/annuity business and structuring transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective professional relationships at all levels throughout an organisation, as well as internal stakeholder management.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently, as well as part of a team, and apply sound judgement and pragmatism in order to achieve business aims.
- A commercial awareness and a good understanding of the wider business, as well as the economic, market and regulatory environment in which L&G Re operates.
- Demonstrated understanding of technical aspects of external regulatory reporting, capital and solvency requirements and IFRS reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret financial information, identify key issues based on this information and propose controls and measure to address them.
- Ability to design and implement efficient, robust and effective actuarial processes, incorporating and managing appropriate controls.
- Ability to demonstrate strong technical actuarial skills as well as the ability to apply a balanced judgement of risks and the views of others in order to achieve business aims.
- Must be very organised, highly efficient and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment, with the ability to deliver reliable work of a high quality in demanding timescales.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, dependants' pensions, generous holiday allowance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
For nearly 200 years we have provided financial services to customers across the UK, and now the US. As one of Europe’s largest insurance and asset management groups, with over £1 trillion in assets, we are experts in safeguarding people’s financial futures. Our ambitions are underpinned by five strong businesses, each of which is innovating and expanding globally, adding new products and solutions to their strategic goals. We aim to be leaders in four key areas: retirement, investment management, capital investment and insurance. Our businesses work together to deliver on our purpose and to drive synergies across the Group.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Actuary Exam Bot was an AI tool that I launched in January 2023 to help trainee actuaries study and revise for exams.
The actuarial profession is growing quickly and competition for jobs is high.
Recruiters can be a valuable tool for finding actuarial jobs. Let's discuss what recruiters can do for you, things to look out for and how to make the most of recruiters to find your next actuarial job.